The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Accommodation choices- Wantage or Windsor?

Hi, as accommodation opens tomorrow I was wondering if any current students would be able to help me out. I am trying to choose between Wantage and Windsor catered with a wash basin however i only saw Windsor on the visit day and was slightly concerned about noise as it is by the bar? Wantage also looks really nice however because i didnt see it i was wondering what the condition of the rooms/bathrooms was like and also how easy it is to get food on a weekend as some of the catering outlets close. Would appreciate any help!
Reply 1
I live in windsor. I live on the side of the hall facing away from the bar and have no trouble with noise. If you live on the other side it will be a bit noisy, but nobody across the hall from me complains about it too much, so can't be that bad. Plus being next to the bar has it's benefits. I mean, you're never more than 30 seconds from alcohol/food. You also have the advantage of being right next to the post and laundry area, so you never have to walk far. Plus you're about as close to the centre of campus as you can get living in halls.
Can't say all that much about wantage, but I know it's off campus. I know a lot of people living in wantage come to park bar (outside windsor) to eat on weekends, which is a good 5-10 minute walk.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Okay thanks! Do you find that the money on the catered package is enough to get the meals throughout the week?
Reply 3
Just about. I get my own breakfast and get 2 meals a day on my card. Usually I have to buy myself lunch on the last day before my card is topped up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending