How do student finance check your earnings? Watch

student2312
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm applying for student finance in Northern Ireland as an independent student on the basis that I have supported myself for the last 3 years.
I have to provide proof I have worked for the last 3 years but I never kept any of my tax things (P45's or anything). I'm getting letters from a few places of employment but am having trouble getting in contact with another place.
Is there any way they can just use my National Insurance number to confirm the employment?
[email protected]
Badges: 9
Report 4 years ago
Depends on what kind of employment you did, phone up student finance england and speak to them for the best most accurate advise
Klix88
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by student2312)
I'm applying for student finance in Northern Ireland as an independent student on the basis that I have supported myself for the last 3 years.
I have to provide proof I have worked for the last 3 years but I never kept any of my tax things (P45's or anything). I'm getting letters from a few places of employment but am having trouble getting in contact with another place.
Is there any way they can just use my National Insurance number to confirm the employment?
They will cross-check what you tell them, with your tax records. However that's more to double-check that you're telling the truth, rather than to calculate your entitlement.

For future reference, you're supposed to keep all tax and employment-related paperwork for at least three years. I've never thrown any of mine away.
student2312
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
it was just waitress work, but yea ill phone them up and see if they have any way of accessing it for me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (114)
66.28%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.35%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.37%

Watched Threads