The Student Room Group

Please help, is this lying??

Pleas help me. is this lying?
so I said to this girl in the morning I'll wait for her after school to make sure she's ok.
so anyway it got to the end of the day so I went to her and said, 'do you want me too wait for you'? To which she said yes please.
now as I was waiting someone said to me, you better leave quick before the gates close, and I said that 'Katie's asked me too wait for her'
did i just lie to that person??
Please answer I know it sounds stupid but it's important
thanks.
If she knew she gates would close then yes
Reply 2
Wait, why would that be lying? I'm confused.
To begin with, it's 'to' and not 'too'.

Was Katie the girl that you were waiting for? If so, you did not lie.
If girl X was the girl that you were waiting for, then you did lie to the person after school by saying that your were waiting for Katie, although it is a very minor and insignificant lie.
Reply 4
Original post by a320airbus97
To begin with, it's 'to' and not 'too'.

Was Katie the girl that you were waiting for? If so, you did not lie.
If girl X was the girl that you were waiting for, then you did lie to the person after school by saying that your were waiting for Katie, although it is a very minor and insignificant lie.

Yes its Katie I was waiting for. But I said too the guy that she's asked me too wait for her.
but did she? Because I asked her 'do you want me too wait for you?' And she said yes. And earlier in the day I said I'd wait for her.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes its Katie I was waiting for. But I said too the guy that she's asked me too wait for her.
but did she? Because I asked her 'do you want me too wait for you?' And she said yes. And earlier in the day I said I'd wait for her.

When she said yes, she effectively was asking you to wait for her: she wanted you to be waiting outside school for her. If she said no, then you would have lied by saying that she wanted you to wait for her.
You did not lie: it's as simple as that :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by a320airbus97
When she said yes, she effectively was asking you to wait for her: she wanted you to be waiting outside school for her. If she said no, then you would have lied by saying that she wanted you to wait for her.
You did not lie: it's as simple as that :smile:

Thanks for help :smile:

Carries the same meaning, you ended up waiting either way so who cares.
Pleas help me. is this lying?
so I said to this girl in the morning I'll wait for her after school to make sure she's ok.
so anyway it got to the end of the day so I went to her and said, 'do you want me too wait for you'? To which she said yes please.
now as I was waiting someone said to me, you better leave quick before the gates close, and I said that 'Katie's asked me too wait for her'
did i just lie to that person??
Please answer I know it sounds stupid but it's important
thanks.

no because you just realized something

Quick Reply