Please help, is this lying?? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Pleas help me. is this lying?
so I said to this girl in the morning I'll wait for her after school to make sure she's ok.
so anyway it got to the end of the day so I went to her and said, 'do you want me too wait for you'? To which she said yes please.
now as I was waiting someone said to me, you better leave quick before the gates close, and I said that 'Katie's asked me too wait for her'
did i just lie to that person??
Please answer I know it sounds stupid but it's important
thanks.
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If she knew she gates would close then yes
Arkasia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wait, why would that be lying? I'm confused.
a320airbus97
Badges: 3
Report 4 years ago
To begin with, it's 'to' and not 'too'.

Was Katie the girl that you were waiting for? If so, you did not lie.
If girl X was the girl that you were waiting for, then you did lie to the person after school by saying that your were waiting for Katie, although it is a very minor and insignificant lie.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by a320airbus97)
To begin with, it's 'to' and not 'too'.

Was Katie the girl that you were waiting for? If so, you did not lie.
If girl X was the girl that you were waiting for, then you did lie to the person after school by saying that your were waiting for Katie, although it is a very minor and insignificant lie.
Yes its Katie I was waiting for. But I said too the guy that she's asked me too wait for her.
but did she? Because I asked her 'do you want me too wait for you?' And she said yes. And earlier in the day I said I'd wait for her.
a320airbus97
Badges: 3
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes its Katie I was waiting for. But I said too the guy that she's asked me too wait for her.
but did she? Because I asked her 'do you want me too wait for you?' And she said yes. And earlier in the day I said I'd wait for her.
When she said yes, she effectively was asking you to wait for her: she wanted you to be waiting outside school for her. If she said no, then you would have lied by saying that she wanted you to wait for her.
You did not lie: it's as simple as that
Anonymous #1
(Original post by a320airbus97)
When she said yes, she effectively was asking you to wait for her: she wanted you to be waiting outside school for her. If she said no, then you would have lied by saying that she wanted you to wait for her.
You did not lie: it's as simple as that
Thanks for help
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Carries the same meaning, you ended up waiting either way so who cares.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.3%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.26%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.44%

Watched Threads