vuvuzela
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
As per title. Long story short;
I like cars. Everything About them
I like fuels like biodiesel and ethanol, and the process behind them. I like algae and biodigesters.
I like aeroplanes. Jet engines especially.
I like building stuff. Like miniature production plants.

I don't like medical, electronic and robotic engineering so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
martinandrews
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mechanical 💯
username1533709
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by vuvuzela)
I like fuels like biodiesel and ethanol, and the process behind them. I like algae and biodigesters.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Three only real options.
Aeronautical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Chemical Engineering
vuvuzela
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kadak)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Three only real options.
Aeronautical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Yeah but which of the three would you recommend?

Posted from TSR Mobile
malakai
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you're unsure, look at unis/courses that do a general engineering course. On many of these you do a general first year before choosing your specialization, you may take modules from multiple disciplines to help you decide.
username1533709
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah but which of the three would you recommend?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm,I would go for chemical engineering.
vuvuzela
Rep:
?
(Original post by malakai)
If you're unsure, look at unis/courses that do a general engineering course. On many of these you do a general first year before choosing your specialization, you may take modules from multiple disciplines to help you decide.
Good advice. Thanks
University of Bolton
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

Have you considered the University of Bolton's very unique opportunity in our Centre for Advanced Performance Engineering, one of the UK’s leading centres for the study of Advanced Performance Engineering, preparing students for the best careers in engineering. where we have a professional racing team RLR Motorsport, who you work alongside whilst studying and also a new unique partnership with Ginetta, a global British racing team.

If you like cars, engines, racing, motorsport, aerodynamics and hands on experience then theres nothing else like it in the country. Check the site out:

http://www.bolton.ac.uk/CAPE/Home.aspx

Any other questions, feel free to ask
a10
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by University of Bolton)
Hi,

Have you considered the University of Bolton's very unique opportunity in our Centre for Advanced Performance Engineering, one of the UK’s leading centres for the study of Advanced Performance Engineering, preparing students for the best careers in engineering. where we have a professional racing team RLR Motorsport, who you work alongside whilst studying and also a new unique partnership with Ginetta, a global British racing team.

If you like cars, engines, racing, motorsport, aerodynamics and hands on experience then theres nothing else like it in the country. Check the site out:

http://www.bolton.ac.uk/CAPE/Home.aspx

Any other questions, feel free to ask
Wow I gotta say I'm impressed, that looooks SO good! Wish i could do that!

Do your students actually get to go to the manufacturing centres and help build the Le mans race cars?
University of Bolton
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by a10)
Wow I gotta say I'm impressed, that looooks SO good! Wish i could do that!

Do your students actually get to go to the manufacturing centres and help build the Le mans race cars?
Hi,

The students work on the actual cars that race with the guidance of RLR, Ginetta and race drivers that the team has. Its a very unique opportunity and currently Ginetta alongside RLR have built the worlds first Ginetta-Juno LMP3 car. This will get the students as close to the circuit as possible with hands on experience. Check the link out:

http://www.bolton.ac.uk/MediaCentre/...ct2014-04.aspx
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd say find somewhere which has a common core between mech and aero so you can easily transfer between the two courses, Leeds is the place I can name off the top of my head, high mech content with basically no electronics and computer science like other aero degrees especially and some mech, and they appear to have a formula student team.
vuvuzela
Rep:
?
(Original post by Helloworld_95)
I'd say find somewhere which has a common core between mech and aero so you can easily transfer between the two courses, Leeds is the place I can name off the top of my head, high mech content with basically no electronics and computer science like other aero degrees especially and some mech, and they appear to have a formula student team.
Thanks for reply. I am aiming at the top unis down south (not to disrespect anybody or any uni). After watching a lot of videos of what all of the aforementioned engineering branches entail, I am strongly drawn towards chemical engineering. I am keeping my options open tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (152)
59.61%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.65%

Watched Threads