lavender_rose
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Is it correct that university accommodation is only offer to students who do not live in the city?
Nabila21
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lavender_rose)
Is it correct that university accommodation is only offer to students who do not live in the city?
People who do not live in the city are given priority, but you still have a chance of getting it. You can still apply.
lavender_rose
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nabila21)
People who do not live in the city are given priority, but you still have a chance of getting it. You can still apply.
Hiya Nabila, thank you. Do you know if that is the case for Birmingham City University, because I emailed the accommodation and they said Birmingham residents cannot apply but I think last year it said out of town students were given priority, but Birmingham residents were still able to apply?
Nabila21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hiya Nabila, thank you. Do you know if that is the case for Birmingham City University, because I emailed the accommodation and they said Birmingham residents cannot apply but I think last year it said out of town students were given priority, but Birmingham residents were still able to apply?
I study at BCU and that was the case last year. I know someone from Birmingham who got the uni accommodation, but if you contacted them and they said it's not available for people who live in Birmingham, then maybe that's the case.
lavender_rose
Rep:
?
Oh do you that's cool. Maybe if I contact them again they may have a different answer. I really wanted to move out for uni, I want to be a close as possible and have the real student experience. Do you know if students in Birmingham can apply for private accommodation near the uni. I'm new to all of this.
Nabila21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh do you that's cool. Maybe if I contact them again they may have a different answer. I really wanted to move out for uni, I want to be a close as possible and have the real student experience. Do you know if students in Birmingham can apply for private accommodation near the uni. I'm new to all of this.
Where would you be studying? You can go on the UNITE student homes website. They control most of the accommodations that are close to the city center campus. There's also one called Hamstead campus at Handsworth, which is where I live. It's not close to the uni but they give you a free bus pass. Check hamcam.com
lavender_rose
Rep:
?
BAt city south doing a health course so it would be quite important that it would be quiet at night for placements. But when they say students from Birmingham cannot apply i'm not sure if they meant they they just can't apply for halls but could still go private?
Nabila21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
BAt city south doing a health course so it would be quite important that it would be quiet at night for placements. But when they say students from Birmingham cannot apply i'm not sure if they meant they they just can't apply for halls but could still go private?
You can definitely go for private halls.
lavender_rose
Rep:
?
Oh thanks that would still be great, do you have any idea whether private halls is more expensive.
Nabila21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh thanks that would still be great, do you have any idea whether private halls is more expensive.
I am not really sure, but it should be withing the same range as the uni halls or just a bit higher.
lavender_rose
Rep:
?
Thanks so much, you've been really helpful. What do you think of the uni?
Nabila21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks so much, you've been really helpful. What do you think of the uni?
Honestly it's not been bad, of course there are things that will piss you off from time to time, but overall I can't complain. What is most commendable is the level of student engagement. There are so many job opportunities for students on campus that works well with your timetable.
lavender_rose
Rep:
?
Oohh what pisses you off? job opportunities sound good.
Nabila21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oohh what pisses you off? job opportunities sound good.
Lol... I'm an international student so things are a bit different for me. Say they increase our fees, that can be annoying. However, you won't have that problem cus fees for home students is constant. Plus you get student finance and grants so that's quite good. But generally you have nothing to worry about
lavender_rose
Rep:
?
Oh okay, well unfortunately that would be the same for all unis not just BCU. I need to sort my student finance too, how long did it take them to send you course and finance information after you confirmed your place?
Nabila21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh okay, well unfortunately that would be the same for all unis not just BCU. I need to sort my student finance too, how long did it take them to send you course and finance information after you confirmed your place?
I think it's different for you guys. But should be immediately I guess. You can ask the admissions guys, they should be able to help.
lavender_rose
Rep:
?
Thanks, I will do. I can't wait, thanks for all you help, I am going to ask the accommodation about what's available.
Nabila21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks, I will do. I can't wait, thanks for all you help, I am going to ask the accommodation about what's available.
You are welcome and good luck!!!!!! 🙋
lavender_rose
Rep:
?
Thank you so much.
eliiseey
Badges: 1
Report 4 years ago
You can apply for private halls no problem at all.
Which campus are you going to be at?
Student finance wont take long once you've filled out forms.
If you want a flat at Jennens court, i'm selling one because i've got two contracts for two different flats like a plonker.
There are also loads of other halls in the city centre so if you need to ask about any let me know and i'll try my best to answer them. :-) xxx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 24 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (154)
59.46%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.17%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed