daw22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey,

So I had an interview yesterday with Teach SouthEast. I had applied to for a History school direct place. They basically said in the interview that they thought I would be good but wanted me to teach maths. I'm currently in the final year of my undergrad studying history and have always been more passionate about history. I am a decent mathematician (A in A2 maths and an AS in Further Maths) but obviously I haven't done any maths for four years. Anyone got any advice or started teaching a subject they hadn't studied at degree level?
laura.a.c265
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by daw22)
Hey,

So I had an interview yesterday with Teach SouthEast. I had applied to for a History school direct place. They basically said in the interview that they thought I would be good but wanted me to teach maths. I'm currently in the final year of my undergrad studying history and have always been more passionate about history. I am a decent mathematician (A in A2 maths and an AS in Further Maths) but obviously I haven't done any maths for four years. Anyone got any advice or started teaching a subject they hadn't studied at degree level?
Teach First quite often get people to teach Maths who only studied it up to A level. Maybe worth a post on the TF thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mr M
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by daw22)
Hey,

I'm afraid if you go for TF and you have a maths A Level you will always be given maths. If you want to teach history pick a different training route.

If you are worried about your mathematics subject knowledge don't be. It will certainly be good enough for an 11-16 school.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
4.35%
They might tell the bully (5)
10.87%
I don't think they'd understand (9)
19.57%
It might lead to more bullying (17)
36.96%
There's nothing they could do (13)
28.26%

Watched Threads