Straydweller
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
My son left school at 18 and by the time he starts undergraduate degree sept, he will have earned £35,000 in verifiable taxable income over the required 3 years.

He has completed his online application but now I have an email asking for my income details .

I thought that as he has supported himself for 3 years (lives at home but pays £300 plus a month + extras) he would be a self sufficient student, and that I would not have to fill in my income details . But the application process does not seem to allow him to claim finance as a self sufficient student.

And, If I do have to submit my income details , do I have to register separately(from my son) and submit them or is there a facility on sons application to include my income details in his application?
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello Straydweller,

If your Son has been working for 3 years & is able to send in proof of his self support then you would not need to provide us with your household income.

He will have to full in this form http://bit.ly/1xibOBs stating that he is an independent student on section 4 & send this to us with copies of 3 tax year P60s.

Thanks
Straydweller
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
Hello Straydweller,

If your Son has been working for 3 years & is able to send in proof of his self support then you would not need to provide us with your household income.

He will have to full in this form http://bit.ly/1xibOBs stating that he is an independent student on section 4 & send this to us with copies of 3 tax year P60s.

Thanks
Thanks for your swift reply.
Ah....I was just about to fill it in (though due to retirement my income falls a lot in 15/16) . So is it best that my son proceeds with completing the link you have included or should my wife and I complete separate returns of our 13/14 income, just in case.
I think my son has clearly earned enough to justify self support as he has 2 years of verifiable taxed P60's and is currently working in NHS full time on £14,300 pa and will carry on in this job to finish it about August 2015- and will by then have worked 3 full years...even though he lives at home.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (94)
24.42%
No (291)
75.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed