jb22f
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi there, just wondering if anyone else has received an offer for the dumfries campus 😊
Graham UWS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Dumfries Campus? Good luck. If I was you I'd try to get more details about uws in Dumfries as you might not fit in. Do you like to use your brain?

If all you want is a degree, a piece of paper to hang on the wall then this place is ideal for you. You won't bother at all, group work is a joke, lecturers are socially awkward, you WILL experience hostility if you try to engage with lecturers outside classroom, like if you knock on their office's door or ask a question related with your course when you meet any of them in the corridors. An absolute joke this uni. The relevance of the materials offered is as low as newspaper articles from the Scottish Sun and the Daily Record. As a matter of fact these are common references on the "lectures". A lecture is a powerpoint slideshow where the lecturer reads through. All what 90% of the students want when they attend a lecture is to sign the register as attendance is basically the only criteria for you to get your degree.

Intellectual stimulus and challenging attitudes? If this is you or if you are looking for this look, then elsewhere my friend. This uni is a perfect business model on how to make money from fees from idiots like me and thousands that fall for the fantastic corporate marketing policies they have. You WILL feel deceived if you come here. All these people want is to make money from thousands of undergraduate (remember £1820 per head per year given to this place by SAAS not to mention the RUK and the International students who pay 5 times more - from their own pockets) and postgradute students.

If you want to learn skills to survive outside after graduating go elsewhere. You have been warned. Good luck
ACox84
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jb22f)
Hi there, just wondering if anyone else has received an offer for the dumfries campus 😊
I received mine this week for Sept '15 - Dumfries.
Graham UWS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
uws Dumfries? Sorry, I have to LOL here Good luck for yous.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of Scotland
    Undergraduate Open Day - Lanarkshire Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed