zweeden99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,
I have chosen my A-level choices and I chose Biology and Chemistry because science is my favorite subject. However, i didn't do triple science at GCSE because my teacher was awful in Year 9 and it made me dislike the subject. I tried to change my option during Year 10 but i wasn't allowed. My main concern is if it will affect how do at A-level. I don't know if I should tech my self B3,P3,C3? Please help!!!!
Grace147
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi I'm currently doing my AS in biology and chemistry and lots of my friends who were new to my school had only done double science. They found it easy to pick up, it might be useful to read up about B3 etc but if the teacher is good they should go through the basic stuff first and understand people won't have done it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
zweeden99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Grace147)
Hi I'm currently doing my AS in biology and chemistry and lots of my friends who were new to my school had only done double science. They found it easy to pick up, it might be useful to read up about B3 etc but if the teacher is good they should go through the basic stuff first and understand people won't have done it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you so much for replying. This has made me feel much better. Do you think a grade A would be an acceptable grade to aim for?
morgan8002
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm currently doing A2 further maths, biology, chemistry and physics.
The knowledge gained in triple science is useful but you can do well without it. There are several people in my classes who took double science and in general they don't struggle any more than people who took triple.
People who do triple initially have a headstart, but this decreases as time goes on.

Self studying P3, C3, B3 will definitely help and it shows initiative etc. that you want to self-study extra modules. If you don't study it, you won't be too far behind though so it's up to you.

At most schools/colleges you need BB to get in, so you should aim for A-A*.
vela1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't teach yourself the extra modules, there's no need. You'll be fine, stop stressing.
Chellecharity
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I took double science and study physics and chemistry. One of the top in my class and doing better and equally as good as those who did triple. My point being as long as you study hard, you won't be at much of a disadvantage. Btw I didn't self teach myself anything because I'm lazy as hell
zweeden99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chellecharity)
I took double science and study physics and chemistry. One of the top in my class and doing better and equally as good as those who did triple. My point being as long as you study hard, you won't be at much of a disadvantage. Btw I didn't self teach myself anything because I'm lazy as hell
Thanks for that, I'm kind of lazy too. I'm really stressing about exams now tho!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (53)
25.85%
No (152)
74.15%

Watched Threads