The Student Room Group

Gap year programmes at low cost?

Does anyone have information on programmes like these? :smile:
Reply 1
Globalworkandtravel.com

Posted from TSR Mobile
ICS! Internation Citizen Serivice?
Look at the Jobs Abroad Bulletin, there are loads of really good work/volunteer opportunities on there.
Reply 4
gapyear.com It has loads of good options for volunteering/jobs/adventures around the world.
Reply 5
Two things spring to mind:

The European Voluntary Service offers projects of up to a year, funded through the EU, so actually there is no cost to you, you even get a bit of pocket money. I am 8 months into an EVS project so feel free to ask me about how it works if you want.

The other way of going abroad to volunteer without paying a fortune would be through Workaway. You pay your travel costs but do get full board in exchange for your work :-)
Reply 6
Original post by anastas
Does anyone have information on programmes like these? :smile:

Have you looked online at some travel companies? Some of them offer some really brilliant prices for some really fantastic programs. I'd personally recommend 'Smaller Earth', they've got a huge selection of programs that can cater to any gap year needs, i've been on a couple of their programs now and they've made everything so simple and stress free, while the costs are broken up into small instalments and are never excessive, they're definitely worth taking a look at :smile: http://www.smallerearth.com/uk/ check them out!
Reply 7

Quick Reply

Latest