Revision timetables at AS? Watch

calbold
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I really struggle with applying and sticking to any form of structure to my revision.. I'm studying AS 3 sciences and psych, not the hardest to revise for. Any bright ideas/ links to good apps/ sites?
Peace.

rachaelftw
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My other half has the Evernote app on her phone, and she swears by it. You can make a full days breakdown of what you can do each hour, and you can tick off each box as you go along, or as you complete each task, so you know what you've done and what's still outstanding.

Or do the same thing but on a piece of paper, and stick it on your bedroom wall or door. That way, it'll be right there infront of you and you know what you're meant to be doing like each hour. If it's on your door your family can see it too, so they may be able to prompt you like "shouldn't you be revising psychology right now?"

Test out different revision strategies so try past papers, making notes, doing mind maps/spider diagrams, or making flash cards with key points on that you can then elaborate on. Which ever works best for you, adopt that. You can also make it more interesting using colours etc.to make it interesting and stand out more - which may help you remember! (What was that pink poster I did? Oh yeah, attachment!)

Try watching youtube clips/videos or listening to podcasts of other people explaining theories and information then you may remember things that way, but you can also listen to their way of explaining it, which may help it stick in your head more! You could even write your own notes, record yourself, then listen to yourself on the way to college/the shops/your friends house etc.

There are plenty more tips on this forum if none of these appeal to you, but whatever you end up doing, I'm sure you'll do great

Good luck!!
username1230881
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rachaelftw)
My other half has the Evernote app on her phone, and she swears by it. You can make a full days breakdown of what you can do each hour, and you can tick off each box as you go along, or as you complete each task, so you know what you've done and what's still outstanding.
Exactly this - Evernote is amazing. As for managing tasks, Wunderlist is also pretty great.

(Original post by calbold)
x
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by calbold)
I really struggle with applying and sticking to any form of structure to my revision.. I'm studying AS 3 sciences and psych, not the hardest to revise for. Any bright ideas/ links to good apps/ sites?
Peace.
Study planner on TSR is FAB.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/make
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.15%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.06%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.76%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.55%
There's nothing they could do (51)
28.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise