Genevievee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello!

Im looking for someone to help start me off in Perl. I'm armed with textbooks and enthusiasm.

Things I will be needing advice on:

• foreach loops with counters
  • kml files
  • writing basic subroutines

I promise this is all very easy stuff. I will just have to shoot you a message every now and then so you can give some advice.

There is the prospect of payment, although I'm not sure I'm allowed to discuss that publically here so please message me. Thanks!
Async
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why would you ever pay someone for something you can learn for free?
Genevievee
Rep:
?
What can't I learn for free, to a degree?
Async
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't understand what you're trying to say. Anyway, why must you learn pearl? Can it be another language like C# because I tutor people in C#, VB.NET and SQL.
Genevievee
Rep:
?
I'm required to code in Perl by the request of my supervisor as it's what she prefers (for newbies, at least).
At the level I am working at I wouldn't be surprised if my code could be interpreted by people who work with other languages, though.
Async
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you can't write subroutines or use loops. I don't people in your work place will depend on you. You'd need lots of experience before you can be part of a team. Well, a team of developers I mean. Unless it's like a team of newbies then my statement is invalid.
Genevievee
Rep:
?
Perhaps I should have mentioned before I'm an undergraduate student of biology, not computer science or programming. My career path is not programming, but just as we are required to learn to work with statistical programs, we also have to learn basic coding.

I can write subroutines and loops. I need help with formatting mostly, and advice when I run in to complications if I cannot find examples elsewhere.
Async
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ahhhh I see. It all makes sense now. Use youutube to learn pearl. If you have any questions PM me
Genevievee
Rep:
?
Thanks a lot!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (113)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (173)
27.2%
Not great so far... (227)
35.69%
I want to drop out! (123)
19.34%

Watched Threads