perfectinsanity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I got accepted there and I really like the school (I will study business and management) and I'm very excited to be starting there but I've seen lots of people on this site say the school is not that good or how it's crappy and is a waste. I'm starting to feel very upset and like I made the wrong choice. Is it that bad? Feeling very insecure about it now
teresa920717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got accepted for International Relations and Security Studies, I've been getting mixed opinions about this university, does anyone have any opinions they can offer?
University of Bradford
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by perfectinsanity)
I got accepted there and I really like the school (I will study business and management) and I'm very excited to be starting there but I've seen lots of people on this site say the school is not that good or how it's crappy and is a waste. I'm starting to feel very upset and like I made the wrong choice. Is it that bad? Feeling very insecure about it now
Last year the Faculty of Management and Law celebrated its 50th Anniversary as an international leader in business education, research and knowledge transfer. The Faculty provides engaging and innovative teaching and learning and highly applied relevant research which makes a difference to the world.

The Faculty of Management and Law are one of only 59 Business Schools across the world with the coveted “Triple Crown” of accreditations. With an international staff, alumni and student body, the Faculty have created an environment of world-leading management education and research where our students and staff can flourish.

There's nowhere quite like Bradford, and many of our graduates choose to stay here after getting their degrees, often setting up businesses of their own. Further information about our Alumni can be found at http://bit.ly/1Einmae

The Faculty of Management and Law is situated close to Saltaire (a UNESCO world heritage site) and adjacent to one of Bradford's highly acclaimed parks, Lister Park. It is only two miles from the city campus and is supported by a regular bus service to city campus and the city centre.

You may also be interested to know of our July Open Days planned for 2015 - Friday 3 July, Saturday 4 July. Open Days are the perfect way to get a feel for the University, meet some current students and talk with our academics about the courses, take a tour of the campus and visit our amazing new accommodation. For more details and to book a place visit - http://www.bradford.ac.uk/opendays

Hope this helps and if you would like any further information about anything at all please do let me know.
University of Bradford
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by teresa920717)
I got accepted for International Relations and Security Studies, I've been getting mixed opinions about this university, does anyone have any opinions they can offer?
Bradford is a district made of several smaller towns and villages, each with their own distinctive character. Whether you prefer being in the thick of the urban sprawl, the intimacy of a small town/village or out in the great outdoors in Bradford it’s all on your doorstep. Further, more specific information about the Bradford area and the available activities can be found on our website at http://www.brad.ac.uk/the-city-of-bradford/. You will also find specific information about our Campus, Facilities and Accommodation at http://www.brad.ac.uk/student/

We believe in putting Students at the Heart of Learning; with this in mind you may find it useful to view our Student Charter. Our Student Charter basically summarises our aspirations and expectations for each other at the University of Bradford - http://www.bradford.ac.uk/student/student-charter/

We encourage all our students and graduates to provide a review of the University here: http://www.whatuni.com/degrees/unive...3730/page.html. Alongside this we ask all students give us honest feedback through 4 surveys; the main survey being the National Student Survey (NSS). The information gathered from the NSS is used by us to improve the student experience and help prospective students with making their decision. All the results are made available to the public at https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/

You may also find it useful to visit our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/university.bradford and follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/BradfordUniSIS

Hope this helps and if you would like any further information please do let me know.
JPCPerez
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Same situation for me. I loved the school and the campus during my interview and tour. But the mixed opinions I've heard about it is making me doubt my choice, especially as i will definitely moving there as i live in London. I'm doing Physiotherapy BSc. Are you local to the area?

Posted from TSR Mobile
vanilla94
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I live in Bradford at the momen. I go to the college, which is right next to the university and the campus they have looks really good! I haven't heard any bad comments about it personally and it is quite a lively place to be situated in a day to day basis. The nightlife here is on the up as well if that's a factor to your choice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Bradford
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I fully appreciate that moving away from home can be quite a daunting thought; especially if you’re moving away to a City you’re not familiar with. I sincerely hope the information I’ve already supplied you both with has reassured you.

You both may be interested in our July Open Days planned for 2015 - Friday 3 July, Saturday 4 July. For more details and to book a place please visit our website at - www.bradford.ac.uk/openday/

If either of you have any further concerns or questions about either of our Campus’, the University or the City of Bradford please feel free to PM me or post below.

Finally, congratulations on receiving offers!
chocolate hottie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

It is up to you.

Bradford as a city doesn't have a great rep, it is true, but does that REALLY matter vis a vis the university?

If you look at the league tables Bradford really isn't that bad. No it is nowhere near the top but it isn't at the absolute bottom either? There are worse universities from the point of view of reputation and employability??
JonoW
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JPCPerez)
Same situation for me. I loved the school and the campus during my interview and tour. But the mixed opinions I've heard about it is making me doubt my choice, especially as i will definitely moving there as i live in London. I'm doing Physiotherapy BSc. Are you local to the area?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been in Bradford for 4 years (on civil engineering masters) it's like any city with bits people don't like but the city is developing a huge amount, so much being built and new stuff taken forward. The new shopping centre, renovation of underground tunnels (seriously cool), bradford college massive new builds, university of bradford built loads of great sustainable buildings and really nice renovated work spaces.

Bradford get's a bad press by the media but I like it, the university is great and the city center is good but about to get really good. Very nice area of the world such as Saltaire which I highly recommend.

Bradford's also super cheap to live in! WIN!
vela1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you like weed, then its perfect.
LotusBlue
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm currently in my second year studying Optometry.

The university is great.. I absolutely love it. Don't listen to the people giving it negative comments cause it feels like a normal place when you're there.

I don't regret my decision at all and I'm sure you won't too.
alihaworth05
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have been offered a place for Physiotherapy (2015 intake) as well, but unsure whether to put it as my first choice. My other option is to go to Sheffield Hallam but i have only been offered a place there for 2016 intake. What did you decide?
JPCPerez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by alihaworth05)
I have been offered a place for Physiotherapy (2015 intake) as well, but unsure whether to put it as my first choice. My other option is to go to Sheffield Hallam but i have only been offered a place there for 2016 intake. What did you decide?
I firmed Bradford because i found their Physiotherapy staff really enthusiastic compared to the other unis i got interviewed for (kings, bournemouth, essex, salford). Hope you choose it as your firm!

Posted from TSR Mobile
alihaworth05
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I firmed Bradford because i found their Physiotherapy staff really enthusiastic compared to the other unis i got interviewed for (kings, bournemouth, essex, salford). Hope you choose it as your firm!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes i agree, the staff there were really good and great facilities I'm just unsure, i don't feel i know a lot about Bradford and hadn't heard of anyone else applying there for Physio until now. Need to decide soon though! Have you applied for accommodation in The Green?
JPCPerez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes i agree, the staff there were really good and great facilities I'm just unsure, i don't feel i know a lot about Bradford and hadn't heard of anyone else applying there for Physio until now. Need to decide soon though! Have you applied for accommodation in The Green?
I agree, the facilities are new as well i believe. Where are you coming from? Im from London and don't really know much about the uni/area except for a few friends already there. I have applied for The Green yesterday but couldn't a few weeks ago as my logins weren't working.

Posted from TSR Mobile
alihaworth05
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I agree, the facilities are new as well i believe. Where are you coming from? Im from London and don't really know much about the uni/area except for a few friends already there. I have applied for The Green yesterday but couldn't a few weeks ago as my logins weren't working.

Posted from TSR Mobile
From Lincolnshire so only about an hour and half from Bradford- not as far as London! I plan on applying there too if i decide on Bradford as first choice
JonoW
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
From Lincolnshire so only about an hour and half from Bradford- not as far as London! I plan on applying there too if i decide on Bradford as first choice
For the quote about sports etc.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post55604661

Bradford is friendly! I found that on my open days, and I am continuing to find it as a long serving student.

The green is great for first years and it is significantly cheaper (but no less high in quality) when compared to other universities with similar accommodation. The green is a very social place i'd highly recommend it to first years. Despite being cheaper than other unis, it is more expensive than your average bradford accommodation - there are other places available... in second year you can find a house or a flat with your mates and take full advantage of living in one of the cheapest cities in the uk
University of Bradford
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I’m happy to see so many positive posts!

As mentioned previously we do have our July Open Days planned for Friday 3rd July and Saturday 4th July 2015.

Open Days are the perfect way to get a real feel for the University, meet some current students and talk with our academics about the courses available. You will also have a chance to take a tour of the campus and visit our amazing new accommodation.

For more details and to book a place please visit our website at - www.bradford.ac.uk/openday/

Going forward if any one still has any concerns or queries relating to the University, our courses and facilities or even the City itself do get in touch!
alihaworth05
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JonoW)
For the quote about sports etc.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post55604661

Bradford is friendly! I found that on my open days, and I am continuing to find it as a long serving student.

The green is great for first years and it is significantly cheaper (but no less high in quality) when compared to other universities with similar accommodation. The green is a very social place i'd highly recommend it to first years. Despite being cheaper than other unis, it is more expensive than your average bradford accommodation - there are other places available... in second year you can find a house or a flat with your mates and take full advantage of living in one of the cheapest cities in the uk

Yes that is definitely a positive! I have just firmed Bradford as my first choice for Physio and plan on applying for accommodation at The Green for my first year
University of Bradford
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes that is definitely a positive! I have just firmed Bradford as my first choice for Physio and plan on applying for accommodation at The Green for my first year
We're really pleased you decided to select the University of Bradford as your FIRM choice! Going forward if you have any specific queries relating to our Physiotherapy BSc (Hons) course or applying for The Green Accommodation please do get in touch.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Undergraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads