cheyennebarbara
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
ACCIDENTALLY PUT ECONOMICS!

I've received offers from both Durham and Exeter University and attended both of the Offer-Holder Visit Days. I loved both of them all the same so therefore am experiencing a bit of a dilemma of which one to put as my first choice.

Exeter - Single Honours BSc Exercise and Sport Science - AAA
Durham - BA (Hons) Sport, Exercise & Physical Activity - AAB

I've put together some pros and cons for both but I was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice on which one to choose for the best job prospects as I am interested in being something along the lines of a PTI in the Special Forces, Physical Education Secondary School teacher, Nutrition Expert etc.

Exeter -
+ve - Russel Group, Travel abroad, Near Butlins, En-suite, High tech gym
-ve - Quiet, few pubs and societies

Durham -
+ve - Russel Group, Travel abroad, Near Newcastle, Lively, loads of pubs, events, societies
-ve - Possibility of sharing bathroom, small gyms

I would be very grateful for some feedback, I'm a very outgoing person who does enjoy a good party but do require my own space spending a lot of time in my own company, I had great vibes from both of the universities but am keen to find out if there is anything I am missing.
username1500433
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just like to point out you've posted in the "Economics" sub-forum.

I've been to have look at both and personally I prefer Durham but that is mainly because I wanted to go to a more traditional university. You're planning on studying sport/exercise etc. so I'm assuming you play a lot of sport. I think the college aspect at Durham means there is a lot of inter-college competitions which I don't think you'd get at Exeter. Don't quote me on that because I'm not 100% sure. Also on the topic of gyms; when I went to Durham I had a look at the gym at Hatfield College which although wasn't large, is only shared by around 800 people I think. In addition to that I think there is also a large gym for everyone at the university to use. I'm not sure if every college has a gym it may only be a few.
cheyennebarbara
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by will_jg)
Just like to point out you've posted in the "Economics" sub-forum.

I've been to have look at both and personally I prefer Durham but that is mainly because I wanted to go to a more traditional university. You're planning on studying sport/exercise etc. so I'm assuming you play a lot of sport. I think the college aspect at Durham means there is a lot of inter-college competitions which I don't think you'd get at Exeter. Don't quote me on that because I'm not 100% sure. Also on the topic of gyms; when I went to Durham I had a look at the gym at Hatfield College which although wasn't large, is only shared by around 800 people I think. In addition to that I think there is also a large gym for everyone at the university to use. I'm not sure if every college has a gym it may only be a few.
I tried searching for Sport and Exercise so ended up accidentally putting Economics and didn't know how to change it.

I don't play any sport I just gym a lot sorry I should have mentioned that in there but thank you for your help nonetheless.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (73)
23.93%
No (232)
76.07%

Watched Threads