I hate simple minded idiots who hate gays. Watch

Maria1812
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello so recently I asked my grandparents what they though about gay adoption they were so against it I as so outraged as being straight does not make a better parent also the arguement it is unatural and animals are not homosexual well we are not animals if we were we would have kids with our kids as animals do. I am annoyed with the hatred I am not sure whether it is right or wrong therefore I accept them and fallow the commandment "treat others how you want to be treated" I am tired of people using the word gay as an insult I am not a homosexual but I hate discrimination and predjudice.Both homosexuals and hetrosexuals can be bad people and I hate that elderly hate them so much as they were brain washed. I believe in God and i do not recall any encouragement of hatred towards one another.

I once asked a Muslim whether it is ok for Gay people to be parents his comment was very offencive I was schocked. Does anyone feel the same way as me tired of stupid ideologies such as straight parents are better as it is natural and nonesense as such.We are meant to love one another and not hate and hurt each other. Whether what someone does may be considered really bad.
Applescruff
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Homophobes are just ignorant people who don't realise that we don't choose our sexuality.

With the elderly people, I guess you could say it's because they're raised in a time where it was illegal to love the same sex. Doesn't make it excusable at all - but they won't all be around that much longer and hopefully the world will be a more accepting place.

People who use the bible as an excuse are the really silly ones. Yes the bible says laying with the same sex is an abomination. But it also says wearing two types of fabric in one cloth is just as bad, and having many wives is totally fine.

Justbtell yourself they're idiots. Because they are. And be thankful that you have the common sense to see past a persons preferred gender. Because they don't
Stefano93
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Be who you want to be, nobody can tell you different.
dyslexicvegie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Old people have odd opinions and sometimes its not worth discussing things like that with them, I have deliberately kept that fact that 3 of my 6 closest friends are gay/bi men (and one is a bi women), away from my paternal Grandparents (love them but they are not the best educated and a bit stuck in the 60s, not sure how they would react), my Nan keeps asking weather I am dating one of them ugh.

However there is no excuse for being homophobic really, and I will defend my friends' right to love who they love till my dying day.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (94)
24.54%
No (289)
75.46%

Watched Threads