hahaian
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I'm a really keen tennis player but I'm kind of at an awkward half way point ability wise - I take tennis seriously so am better than most casual players and would really like to play tennis at a competitive level for my uni but since I only started two years ago I'm really worried I won't make any of the teams (I'd be pretty upset if this happened tbh)

So what standard are the men's tennis teams at? If I don't even manage to make the C team, will I get the same opportunities to play and have training sessions and hit with good players? I guess I'm asking what kind of system they run there...

Thanks in advance

(By the way, I can link some really old videos of me playing tennis to give an idea of my ability)
hahaian
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I ended up going to Warwick and the tennis set up is baaaad. Just a heads up. Don't fall for it. Might as well give out the warning I wish I'd received.

They call the Westwood outdoor courts "synthetic clay" but it's actually just Astro turf coloured red

The indoor courts are good in theory but never available

The team is really small, four people made it into the teams this year. Out of over a hundred triallists.

To make matters worse there's barely anything for people who are in between social play and national standard... Ie. Literally most club players

Social play is good for people who want to mess about but with 12 people + to a court every session it's not at all good for people who actually want to hit some balls!

Tbf tennis set ups are hit and miss at a lot of unis, a lot of my friends say their uni is **** for tennis too. Warwick is probably better than someone, but of course it's worse than others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hypaphantom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
thanks for the heads up. Looking to join a uni based on their tennis as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads