How to make revision notes for GCSE Watch

lgs6
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Sorry if there is already a thread on this.

I was not sure how tot make revision notes for GCSEs. I'm in year 10 and was hoping to find out what the most effective way of making revision notes is. Is it to make revision cards, to make notes on A4 and put them in a folder or is it to do it in a A5 notebook? I want to make notes for: maths, french (mostly vocab), history, chemistry, biology, physics, religion studies and maybe english.

please tell me what you think is the best way and if you can tell me why and where I can buy everything i need to do that.

Sorry if you cannot understand anything i have said.

hassansheikh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Try to go according to the syllabus by that I mean make notes in the sequence of the topics in the syllabus. That way you can make sure that you are not missing any topic.
lgs6
Rep:
?
(Original post by hassansheikh)
Try to go according to the syllabus by that I mean make notes in the sequence of the topics in the syllabus. That way you can make sure that you are not missing any topic.
Thanks for the advice. I'll structure my notes in that way.

Any advice on where i should right the note? e.g. A4 paper, index cards or A5 notebook.
hassansheikh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lgs6)
Thanks for the advice. I'll structure my notes in that way.

Any advice on where i should right the note? e.g. A4 paper, index cards or A5 notebook.
Don't make notes on separate pieces of paper, it is really hard to keep them together. Try to go with a register or any copy.
For formulas ,definitions or anything that has to be learnt by heart use a notebook, which is small enough to fit in your pocket.
Try to make simple notes which are easy to understand. Avoid using hard words and complicated sentences, so that the week before exams you don't find it hard to revise the notes.
Try to keep that small notebook (which will have all the formulas and definitions) with you. So that you can keep revising and memorizing on the go.
One more thing, don't just rely on the notes. Try to do as much past papers as you can. I believe that past papers are the best source of revising and clearing concepts. Whenever you solve a past paper and you find a hard question, try to look into the mark-scheme. Even than if you don't understand, ask your teacher. Just don't leave any question unsolved, who knows it might be that such a question comes in you exam.
All the best
lgs6
Rep:
?
Thank you so much. I've bought notebooks off Amazon and am doing what you said right now. Thank you.
shane1998
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i need some way writing notes my self for maths and English myself
Arjsingh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The best way to revise for GCSEs is by learning from the textbook, this is the best way until A levels and you need to know information that is very in depth. For all sciences, you can revise from the cgp books, maths, also the cgp revision guide, religious studies also the textbook . Plus more subjects. Making notes wastes a lot of time, which could be used for actual revision.
shane1998
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thank you for your advise iv seen them books but diden't know if good or not iv got dyslexia so its really hard for me to understand text and lots of information i struggled with school so im 19 im getting bit worried now trying catch up but im doing construction course but im currently doing functional skills maths and English but want do gcses after i would love do science that be dream job for me but feel to late
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads