Vidsify
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello,

I want to do either a Computer Science Degree or an Engineering Degree but I'm not sure what Uni to go for.

These are my options (kinda in order, still deciding)

Brunel
Southampton (NOT Solent)
De Montfort
York
Plymouth

At the moment I'm tided between Brunel, Southampton and DMU. But I can't make my mind up.

In Brunel I would do either; Electronic and Communications Engineering, Electronic and Computer Engineering or Computer Science (not sure what with yet)

Southampton: Software Engineering or Electrical and Electronic Engineering.

DMU: Computer Science

York: Computer Science, Electronic and Computer Engineering or Electronic and Communications Engineering.

Plymouth: Engineering (Electronic Systems) or Computing, Networking and Software Development.

Any opinions open to anything good or bad about the unis.

thanks
vela1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
DMU is a s**t-hole. For group work you're screwed because majority don't pull their weight. Also, what sort of maths do you like? EEE is more hardcore maths whereas Comp Sci is more heavy on decision maths.
Vidsify
Rep:
?
(Original post by vela1)
DMU is a s**t-hole. For group work you're screwed because majority don't pull their weight. Also, what sort of maths do you like? EEE is more hardcore maths whereas Comp Sci is more heavy on decision maths.
I don' really mind I like maths in general. I'm doing Computer Science as an A-Level and my 6 form don't do Decision Maths until A2 depending on what teachers we have.
vela1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vidsify)
I don' really mind I like maths in general. I'm doing Computer Science as an A-Level and my 6 form don't do Decision Maths until A2 depending on what teachers we have.
I'd say choose Southampton for whichever course interests you more. Its a solid uni for engineering, best out of the 5 you mentioned.
Vidsify
Rep:
?
(Original post by vela1)
I'd say choose Southampton for whichever course interests you more. Its a solid uni for engineering, best out of the 5 you mentioned.
Its also my nearest uni so I wouldn't really have to pay for housing etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.15%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.06%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.76%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.55%
There's nothing they could do (51)
28.49%

Watched Threads