Urgent travel problem, rep for workable solutions Watch

Birkenhead
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am due to travel to Dublin, Ireland on Friday. I will be travelling with the plebs on Ryanair and risking the functionality of my legs in the process.

My problem is that my passport is expired.

There doesn't seem to be clear information online on the Ryanair site or anywhere else as to what ID is necessary to get into Ireland from the UK.

I have been told that because of the treaties between Ireland and the UK it may even be possible to pass immigration with my university card, since they apparently only require some form of photo ID.

I would be grateful if I could receive some information about this and what my options are at this stage. I will rep anyone who provides a workable solution.
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Manx-Irish tunnel m8
Birkenhead
Rep:
?
(Original post by James Milibanter)
Manx-Irish tunnel m8
??
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Birkenhead)
??
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3168949
Birkenhead
Rep:
?
Bump
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Bump
In all honesty, student ID no longer counts as photo ID. I can't get served in pubs without my passport..
Unless you have a drivers license I don't know how you'll do it.
DarkMagic
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I remember ones from my high school were able to travel from Belfast-Leeds on IDs the school printed specifically for them so you might get away with a student ID. I'm not sure if there's a difference between Belfast and Dublin though.

Other options:
Get the ferry.
Ring the airport to check its ok with them if you haven't done so already.
Use a drivers licence if you have one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
askew116
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am due to travel to Dublin, Ireland on Friday. I will be travelling with the plebs on Ryanair and risking the functionality of my legs in the process.

My problem is that my passport is expired.

There doesn't seem to be clear information online on the Ryanair site or anywhere else as to what ID is necessary to get into Ireland from the UK.

I have been told that because of the treaties between Ireland and the UK it may even be possible to pass immigration with my university card, since they apparently only require some form of photo ID.

I would be grateful if I could receive some information about this and what my options are at this stage. I will rep anyone who provides a workable solution.
You should be fine with photo ID...

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

Also this:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...nd_the_uk.html
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by James Milibanter)
In all honesty, student ID no longer counts as photo ID. I can't get served in pubs without my passport..
This is an entirely different situation to trying to purchase alcohol. I have flown before using just my workplace photo ID. Obviously that would never be accepted for purchasing alcohol as it doesn't contain my date of birth.
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
This is an entirely different situation to trying to purchase alcohol. I have flown before using just my workplace photo ID. Obviously that would never be accepted for purchasing alcohol as it doesn't contain my date of birth.
Oh, alright then fair enough.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (142)
17.95%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
26.93%
Not great so far... (283)
35.78%
I want to drop out! (153)
19.34%

Watched Threads