Scenario:You finish uni with a good degree.. cant find a job and prospects look bleak Watch

T.I.P
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
what do you do? I guess some may already have experience in this.
alexschmalex
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There's too many variables, like if the job is or isn't related to your degree, how much money you're willing to live with taking home, whether or not you're just restricting yourself to looking jobs in the UK or not.

I personally am not really fussed about where in the world I am as long as I can survive there, so that'd be my first step. If I couldn't find anything related to my degree, I'd branch out and look for things where I'd still be meaningful and could use at least some of my knowledge. If that didn't work, I'd just take something minimum wage and wait it out till I get something, it's not like it'd be much different from uni life, at least not in financial terms
T.I.P
Rep:
?
(Original post by alexschmalex)
There's too many variables, like if the job is or isn't related to your degree, how much money you're willing to live with taking home, whether or not you're just restricting yourself to looking jobs in the UK or not.

I personally am not really fussed about where in the world I am as long as I can survive there, so that'd be my first step. If I couldn't find anything related to my degree, I'd branch out and look for things where I'd still be meaningful and could use at least some of my knowledge. If that didn't work, I'd just take something minimum wage and wait it out till I get something, it's not like it'd be much different from uni life, at least not in financial terms
Or live a life of crime
alexschmalex
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by T.I.P)
Or live a life of crime
Or become a rapper, there's a very high earnings to talent ratio nowadays!
T.I.P
Rep:
?
(Original post by alexschmalex)
Or become a rapper, there's a very high earnings to talent ratio nowadays!
Go for it mate, see if your theory is correct, I bet against you though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (16)
6.93%
They might tell the bully (25)
10.82%
I don't think they'd understand (39)
16.88%
It might lead to more bullying (80)
34.63%
There's nothing they could do (71)
30.74%

Watched Threads