Magical-Trevor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
This is probably about to sound a lot worse than it is.

Basically, I'm two month away from finishing my second year of uni, however I'm wanting to drop out and start the year again in September.

Things began turning diabolically wrong right at the beginning of the second semester. In comparison to the two projects that I handed in before the Christmas holidays where I managed 86% on project A and 91% on project B, I'm now potentially looking at failing the whole year, due to a rather large list of reasons which all seemed to happen at once. Being finally diagnosed as Bipolar being one of them.

I don't want to carry on the year knowing I'm going to fail anyway, I'd rather use the time away effectively to help me get better and to help (or try and help) combat the other situations, however with it being around a month before I'm due the last loan installment for the academic year, I'm extremely worried that I won't be able to get this installment. I moved out of 'the family home' over the summer so I rely heavily on the loans to cover my living costs, and as I don't have mum and dad to go back to over the summer, or after dropping out or what ever, I need the last installment to cover my rent over the summer too.

I'm left completely baffled with how the system works, and I really need help on this.

What will happen to my next installment if I drop out before (or even after) it's due?

I've pretty much worked out how funding works for an extra year, so that isn't really a problem, it's just this next few months that I'm worrying about.

Also please avoid telling me to 'try and at least pass' or 'I'm sure you will manage to pass' etc, these will most likely not help the situation at all.

Thanking you,
Magical Trev x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
66.09%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.11%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise