Anyone else think Topgear will be complete gob****e without Jeremy? Watch

Stefano93
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
It's like Match of the day without Gary Lineker, Countdown without Carol Vordeman, DOND without Noel Edmonds.

Although Richard and James are extremely entertaining, Sunday nights won't be as worthwhile now. Jeremy always had a way of words and knew how to entertain millions, **** it even Will Smith said he admires the man.

Anyone else gonna miss him and feel Topgear won't be the same?
thunder_chunky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Maybe, but there will always be endless repeats on "Dave" to watch.
HuggleyDuck
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think that if Top Gear does come back, they will completely change it. It'll be a different show altogether.
T.I.P
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No I think it will improve.. you can be funny without being a ignorant ******* you know...
blue n white army
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think this is the one of the only shows that is made good purely by the presenters.

MOTD - gary is brilliant but dan walker and chappers are able replacements.

Countdown - rachel riley rocks

DOND - that's terrible no matter who would present it.

I genuinely think that top gear is unique in the sense that it can't exist successfully in it's current format with out the three presenters.
Stefano93
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by blue n white army)
I think this is the one of the only shows that is made good purely by the presenters.

I genuinely think that top gear is unique in the sense that it can't exist successfully in it's current format with out the three presenters.
Rachel riley rocks because you get a boner over her?
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Top Gear is ****ed. It was the only reason I paid for a TV license.
somemightsay888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Clarkson hasn't been funny since 2008 when Top Gear wasn't as scripted and was at least about cars.

Watching "the news" now just makes me cringe. Top Gear mainly thrives through other nations viewers thinking it represents "British humour lol". For it to succeed they'd need someone as obnoxious as him. Only person I can think of is Piers Morgan
TornadoGR4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You can guarantee that the first Clarksonless Top Gear will have monumentally high ratings
al_94
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I used to love the show but I haven't watched a new episode in about 2 years
41b
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
Top Gear is ****ed. It was the only reason I paid for a TV license.
Hear Hear.

May has said the three come as a package so, for all intents and purposes, goodbye top gear.

And when the Tories decriminalise license fee non payment, goodbye BBC.
Olie
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by blue n white army)

Yeah, absolutely right, the presenters on those shows are all important parts of their respective shows, but they don't quite make the show what it is, whereas TG has been all about the 3 presenters really, no way will the BBC just scrap their most successful show and of course they'll try and reinvent it, but it won't be the same show and no way will it be as successful of course.

Having said that, I still can't help but wonder who they'll get in, think they might even try and bring in a woman possibly, its one of these things where you just cannot imagine anyone else presenting it and I also can't help but wonder whether the trio (or maybe more or less than 3) they get in will even last more than 1 series when the inevitable drop in ratings comes.
scrotgrot
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Murdoch will swoop for the brand and presenters
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 41b)
Hear Hear.

May has said the three come as a package so, for all intents and purposes, goodbye top gear.

And when the Tories decriminalise license fee non payment, goodbye BBC.
The BBC still has a place, but only as a news channel.
VannR
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Jeremy Clarkson is Top Gear as far as I'm concerned. I will simply have to be content with the repeats on Dave; I have probably only seen about 20% of them anyway.
gagaslilmonsteruk
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The thing is (I'm neither fan nor someone who dislikes him and have NEVER watched the show BUT) what is being reported is pretty serious. Just because he is a famous celebrity, he shouldn't be treated any differently.
Joinedup
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
IMO top gear peaked a few years ago, it's been looking increasingly stale for a good couple of seasons. tbh I think the BBC will have taken this into account when canning Jeremy.

afaik nothing to stop him defecting to another channel or going to work as a radio shock jock
41b
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
The BBC still has a place, but only as a news channel.
I don't think so. No broadcaster should be publicly funded, no matter how "unbiased" its content - especially when its content is as biased as the BBC's is.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I thought it was complete gob****e to begin with. Maybe now it will improve.
CRW1996
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Stefano93)
It's like Match of the day without Gary Lineker, Countdown without Carol Vordeman, DOND without Noel Edmonds.

Although Richard and James are extremely entertaining, Sunday nights won't be as worthwhile now. Jeremy always had a way of words and knew how to entertain millions, **** it even Will Smith said he admires the man.

Anyone else gonna miss him and feel Topgear won't be the same?
Match of the day without Gary Lineker sounds great to me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads