?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Tiri
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by HugeA)
I have offers of AAA from Surrey and Queen Mary and ABB from Southampton. Southampton is my insurance choice, however I'm undecided on my firm. I like the feel of Surrey but was surprised by the low scoring they received, for their graduate prospects, from the complete university guide so is there a reason for this discrepancy? For any of the students of the Universities I mentioned, how was the/how is the campus life, how much work do you have to put in and what did you think of the city? By the way I live in London and very much enjoy it but don't particularly like the feel of Queen Mary do their links to the capital outweigh this con and was the atmosphere at QM that bad for you?
Sorry the amount of questions, thanks for answering.
what course?
HugeA
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
HugeA
Rep:
?
HugeA
Rep:
?
19R
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was in exactly the same boat, and ended up putting Southampton as my insurance choice and went for Surrey as the firm. It just seemed like the placement year would be far more beneficial in the long term.
HugeA
Rep:
?
19R
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by HugeA)
Oh wow, that's what I'm leaning towards. Are you already at Surrey or waiting to go next year?
I think Guildfords probably a slightly nicer area too, and the fact that if you live in London, you'd be unlikely to get accommodation at QM if you're not going to live at home. But hopefully going this year
HugeA
Rep:
?
19R
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by HugeA)
That's cool, hopefully we see each other next year
Yeah hopefully, good luck with your decision anyway
BubblyKYP
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What did you end up firming and insuring? I applied to Bath, Southampton, QM and Surrey for Economics too!! Im definitely firming Bath but I'm still undecided on Surrey or Southampton for my insurance. I'm defo not insuring QM because I really didn't like the area and it's in London (I live in London, so I really want to move out). My sister studies Economics at Surrey and she loves it there!
19R
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BubblyKYP)
What did you end up firming and insuring? I applied to Bath, Southampton, QM and Surrey for Economics too!! Im definitely firming Bath but I'm still undecided on Surrey or Southampton for my insurance. I'm defo not insuring QM because I really didn't like the area and it's in London (I live in London, so I really want to move out). My sister studies Economics at Surrey and she loves it there!
I suppose it all depeneds on how well you're planning on doing, if you're certain to get atleast 3 As then i'd say surrey, just because it seems like the better course, but i don't think southampton is a bad option either. I liked them both equally in al fairness. But Bath is 100% your best option for the firm
.ACS.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If anyone has any questions specific to Southampton, please let me know. I attended their for a BSc and MSc.

For the record, I wouldn't let a placement year sway anyone's choice overly so- All universities can effectively offer this. In essence, you're simply suspending your studies by one year and taking a work placement during that year.
sg1995
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi I'm deciding whether to accept QM or Surrey for economics and finance...is it possible to tell me about how ur sister thinks it is at surrey...some details THANK YOU!
sg1995
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by BubblyKYP)
Hi I'm deciding whether to accept QM or Surrey for economics and finance...is it possible to tell me about how ur sister thinks it is at surrey...some details THANK YOU!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads