Study Economics at UCL, know a language fluently. But no A-Level in Language Watch

CTinTin14
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
In order to Apply Economics at UCL, I need A-Level in a foreign language . I want to study Economics at UCL and I know a language fluently. But I don't have the A-Level in that language. Can I still apply for Economics at UCL? or do I have to take an exam to prove that I speak that language?

Please Help
Pierre-Olivier
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I suppose that even though you speak fluently that foreign language, they will expect you to prove it with something like an exam, as you must "prove" anything you "say". As you are talking about economics, and that they don't do interviews, you cannot expect to prove it in front of them.

I recommend you just send a mail to them to ask!
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Where are you getting that you need an A-Level? Going by this page you only need a C-grade GCSE:
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-stu...omics-bsc-econ

Even then, if you don't have it you just have to take a language course once you've started instead anyway
CTinTin14
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pierre-Olivier)
I suppose that even though you speak fluently that foreign language, they will expect you to prove it with something like an exam, as you must "prove" anything you "say". As you are talking about economics, and that they don't do interviews, you cannot expect to prove it in front of them.

I recommend you just send a mail to them to ask!
Thank you for the advice!
CTinTin14
Rep:
?
(Original post by Green_Pink)
Where are you getting that you need an A-Level? Going by this page you only need a C-grade GCSE:
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-stu...omics-bsc-econ

Even then, if you don't have it you just have to take a language course once you've started instead anyway
Thank you!
Wolftablet
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CTinTin14)
In order to Apply Economics at UCL, I need A-Level in a foreign language . I want to study Economics at UCL and I know a language fluently. But I don't have the A-Level in that language. Can I still apply for Economics at UCL? or do I have to do take an exam to prove that I speak that language?

Please Help
Just get a different qualification in that language to prove it. For example for german you can sit an exam at a goethe institute.
CTinTin14
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wolftablet)
Just get a different qualification in that language to prove it. For example for german you can sit an exam at a goethe institute.
Do you know where I can take a spanish course?
Wolftablet
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CTinTin14)
Do you know where I can take a spanish course?
no i don't, sorry :/. search for a spanish university and check their entry requirements. There you will see what spanish qualification you need and you can google it to see where you can get it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads