cookiemonster15
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So Ive got my oral coming up soon but I don't have any clue how to go about it! I've tried writing down cards but i find that I always run out of time. Also, during tests and stuff my mind doesn't work right and all i can say are stuff like 'Das ist toll!'

Anyone got any tips for the upcoming speaking? Like how to revise, feel more confident or even just how to come up with flashy phrases without stumbling over myself?

BTW this is AS AQA German

Thank you!!
lucyrobinson
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
this is what i did for my oral (i got 100%)

Wrote it out once
got it corrected by my teacher to correct it

wrote it out again
gave to my teacher to see if i needed any improvements

wrote it out again, whilst i wrote it i read it aloud

from paragraph one i learned one sentence, then when i knew it, i highlighted it
keep highlighting each sentence
then read the whole paragraph
RavenclawPolly
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cookiemonster15)
So Ive got my oral coming up soon but I don't have any clue how to go about it! I've tried writing down cards but i find that I always run out of time. Also, during tests and stuff my mind doesn't work right and all i can say are stuff like 'Das ist toll!'

Anyone got any tips for the upcoming speaking? Like how to revise, feel more confident or even just how to come up with flashy phrases without stumbling over myself?

BTW this is AS AQA German

Thank you!!
My teacher gave us a list for potential questions on each sub-topic, and I just practiced answers for those. I sort of created a loose structure of an answer that I could bend to each question. Listing advantages and disadvantages of topics is really useful, because that is often the easiest to fill out an answer
Also use the speaking card to use up some fancy phrases, because you have time to think about it. Have a check list in your of a wenn sentence, a relative clause, a conditional etc. Obviously you don't have to pack them into one point but if you can slot them in your card at the beginning to get them out of the way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.94%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
26.97%
Not great so far... (281)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.34%

Watched Threads