Amberll
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've applied to do a levels (biology chemistry and psychology) next year but an apprenticeship has come up at the riding school I work at on a Sunday. I really don't like school that much and I'm only doing a levels to give me options for the future but I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it as Id much rather do the apprenticeship
anyone got any advice?
KingThomas
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Doing A levels is much better because you are able to broaden your horizons.
lavender_rose
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It really depends on what your future plans are and whether you want to go to university. If you were to do your a levels before you turn 19 they will be free but afterwards, it is likely that you will have to pay. Also, apprenticeships are not usually worth any ucas points currently, so that may be an issue if you want to go to university. I have already completed my a levels and I am currently doing an apprenticeship, I am very happy/relieved that I got my a levels already because the thought of doing my a levels now does not appeal to me. In my opinion do your a levels first and you can always do an apprenticeship afterwards, but it may be more difficult the other way around.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Amberll)
I've applied to do a levels (biology chemistry and psychology) next year but an apprenticeship has come up at the riding school I work at on a Sunday. I really don't like school that much and I'm only doing a levels to give me options for the future but I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it as Id much rather do the apprenticeship
anyone got any advice?
What sort of career area are you thinking of going into?
If you want to work with horses or other animals then id do the apprenticeship (or another apprenticeship if you want to go into another career area).
A-levels really arent as amazing as people make out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.3%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.09%
Not great so far... (257)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.72%

Watched Threads