Honestly, how many of you are people pleaser's? Watch

Lil08
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
If so, what good did you ever get out of it?

If not, why not?

Explain.
ChickenMadness
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
no goods come out of it so far tbh lmao.

Makes no different to how people will treat you tbh. Generous people will do nice things for you regardless of whether you were a people pleaser or not. selfish people will try to take advantage.
GeorgeTownsend
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm inbetween I think. I mean, I would class myself as naturally submissive and non-dominant, but that does not mean I let people walk over me, that's the extreme side of the spectrum.
CherryWine
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Lil08)
If so, what good did you ever get out of it?

If not, why not?

Explain.
I used to be. People treated my kindness as weakness and I was like a walking zombie, making sure nothing happened to people that would make them annoyed or upset.

**** that, I do whatever I feel is right nowadays. People will always find something to get upset about, no matter how hard you try to make everyone happy.
Sycamores
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd say I definitely am however It's gotten me no where...

Just ended up with people taking advantage of it and leaving me standing out in the cold.
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No. Unless it's your SO, family (if they're good to you, mine aren't) or someone you want something from people aren't worth your time or energy. I went no contact with my closest/oldest friends recently so I'm at war with people right now. :unimpressed:
Maid Marian
Report 4 years ago
*raises guilty hand*
username360639
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Maid Marian)
*raises guilty hand*
Aww.

I've got a question for you, have you ever said no to anyone, ever? You seem to nice.
Maid Marian
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Loafing.Charizard)
Aww.

I've got a question for you, have you ever said no to anyone, ever? You seem to nice.
Obviously, lol. It's rare though. I've been pushed into overtime at work that I didn't really want to do, I was too scared to say no to my manager
ringlet
Badges: 13
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vixen47)
No. Unless it's your SO, family (if they're good to you, mine aren't) or someone you want something from people aren't worth your time or energy. I went no contact with my closest/oldest friends recently so I'm at war with people right now. :unimpressed:

how come? I don't speak to mine anymore either, but it's cos I just grew apart from them and realised we had nothing in common.
Sad when you think you've spent around 6/7 years being friends with people just because they were there.

oh and OP, I'm not a people pleaser. At all.
username360639
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Obviously, lol. It's rare though. I've been pushed into overtime at work that I didn't really want to do, I was too scared to say no to my manager
OHHH Marian, you should say no more often. Next time when you go to fast food joint and they ask "would you like fries with that" you got to say no.

I guess overtime and managers are a bit tricky. But obviously you were paid for this overtime right? Otherwise just say no lol
HandmadeTurnip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh god, I've done that so many times. Even when I've had important uni work to do and have told myself beforehand that I'll just say no if asked, I still somehow end up agreeing to it.
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by amylouisenic)
how come? I don't speak to mine anymore either, but it's cos I just grew apart from them and realised we had nothing in common.
Sad when you think you've spent around 6/7 years being friends with people just because they were there.
I told them I got engaged. We've been waiting for this day for the better part of 10 years - since before our periods started! Instead of being happy for me they became jealous and sort of passive aggressive and just ignored it like it wasn't happening. Instead of being happy for me they became sad/upset/whatever for themselves because it wasn't happening to them. Of all the people in the world I thought it would be them who would be as happy as I am about it. I couldn't have been more wrong. :emo:

Part of me feels like I'm overreacting, but once upon a time they were more like family to me than my own family were. We were the kind of friends who would constantly talk about how we'd grow old together and planned living together if we outlived our husbands. :mmm:
HandmadeTurnip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I told them I got engaged. We've been waiting for this day for the better part of 10 years - since before our periods started! Instead of being happy for me they became jealous and sort of passive aggressive and just ignored it like it wasn't happening. Instead of being happy for me they became sad/upset/whatever for themselves because it wasn't happening to them. Of all the people in the world I thought it would be them who would be as happy as I am about it. I couldn't have been more wrong. :emo:

Part of me feels like I'm overreacting, but once upon a time they were more like family to me than my own family were. We were the kind of friends who would constantly talk about how we'd grow old together and planned living together if we outlived our husbands. :mmm:
Wow, that's really sad.
ringlet
Badges: 13
Report 4 years ago

Ah that's so sad! Jealousy is an ugly trait. Are your family happy for you?

I don't think you've overreacted at all, they're meant to want the best for you. Considering how long you've been friends, you'd think they'd be excited about the idea of planning it with you, I def would be. How long has it been since you've spoken? And when did you get engaged? Have any of them made an effort to contact you? (Sorry for 21 Qs) Oh and congratulations!
4 sizzle nizzle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
*raises guilty hand*
Lol, your boyfriend Planta got banned, do you miss him?

:toofunny:
Juicy J
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think I am. I haven't benefited from it, I just do it because that's the way I am, that's me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username360639
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Juicy J)
I think I am. I haven't benefited from it, I just do it because that's the way I am, that's me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Didn't know you were soft da juice mane
Juicy J
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Loafing.Charizard)
Didn't know you were soft da juice mane
Haha hi loaf what can I say, I'm a soft touch I don't like to be at odds with anyone. How about you?
username360639
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Juicy J)
Haha hi loaf what can I say, I'm a soft touch I don't like to be at odds with anyone. How about you?
Hey JJ, haha good to know . Neither do I, usually help people out in their time of need, but sometimes it isn't reciprocated on their behalf. I don't have a problem saying "No" but I used to before when I was younger lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads