Confused with the credit system Watch

hummingthrough
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello,
I'm an international student who is going to study MSc in U.K.
I'm new to the credit system
Now i see that the course i'm going to study have 10 credits or 20 credits or 60 credits. I guess I need 120 credits to Postgraduate? So, my question is what if my combination of options doesn't add up to 120 and goes to 130/140? Will that be allowed, will I have to pay extra fee or something like that? Will I get any extra recognition for doing those extra credits?
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hummingthrough)
Hello,
I'm an international student who is going to study MSc in U.K.
I'm new to the credit system
Now i see that the course i'm going to study have 10 credits or 20 credits or 60 credits. I guess I need 120 credits to Postgraduate? So, my question is what if my combination of options doesn't add up to 120 and goes to 130/140? Will that be allowed, will I have to pay extra fee or something like that? Will I get any extra recognition for doing those extra credits?
Depends on your university. I doubt you would need to pay for additional credits however they won't give you any extra recognition.
hummingthrough
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
Depends on your university. I doubt you would need to pay for additional credits however they won't give you any extra recognition.
Thanks so much for the reply. I'm going to Uni of Edinburgh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (66)
23.4%
No (216)
76.6%

Watched Threads