Is it possible to live near Oxford for MSc Computer Science? Watch

wlnirvana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello everyone,

I'm from China with an unconditional offer of MSc Computer Science, and my girlfriend just got an offer from University of Oxford. The case is, we really want to live with each other, and Oxford might be the better choice because it's cheaper (is this correct?). So I'm writing to ask how intensive the MSc CS course is and if it's possible for me to live in Oxford and commute to IC everyday (or on days that have courses).

Thanks a lot.
Brubeckian
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by wlnirvana)
Hello everyone,

I'm from China with an unconditional offer of MSc Computer Science, and my girlfriend just got an offer from University of Oxford. The case is, we really want to live with each other, and Oxford might be the better choice because it's cheaper (is this correct?). So I'm writing to ask how intensive the MSc CS course is and if it's possible for me to live in Oxford and commute to IC everyday (or on days that have courses).

Thanks a lot.
If money is no object then....it's still a bad idea. The train journey from Oxford to Imperial will be around 2 hours in total. If you really want to live with your gf I guess you can do it but it will be very hard to manage.
wlnirvana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Brubeckian)
If money is no object then....it's still a bad idea. The train journey from Oxford to Imperial will be around 2 hours in total. If you really want to live with your gf I guess you can do it but it will be very hard to manage.
2 hours is kind of too long. Do you know how much will it cost for a round-way trip? And how intensive the MSc Computer Science is?
ihavemooedtoday
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It depends on how much prior experience you have with programming. If none or close to none, it will be intensive.

And you will have classes every day (most likely).

I wouldn't want to waste 4 hours on commute every day (2 hours each way).

I live 35 minutes away from Imperial and I'm tired of the commute already!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Jun '20
    Thu, 25 Jun '20
    Sat, 19 Sep '20

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads