always dissatisfied? good or bad? Watch

unfromageluv
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
i am always dissatisfied with my life....i can't seem to be happy with the status quo...I am always like...there is a better job out there......and things could be going better, and i wish i could tour the world....i dislike commitments and long-term bonds to companies, as it would mean a lack of freedom for me. i am also a novelty seeker.....
is it a good or bad thing? which means more hustle and striving for a better life?
or does it mean a lot of dissatisfaction at best, and getting into worse situations at worst?
shld i be dissatisfied? shld i be unhappy or be happy and count my blessings?
1. i always had low paying jobs, 6/hr.....and somehow, i always wonder if there is a higher paying job....i'm a diploma holder(outside UK) and since i don't like to do bookkeeping stuff, i'm basically relegated to other jobs like packers , cashiers etc. but recently i have tried to move to other professions like childcare, baking, IT etc., with a low pay....if i worked in my field of study, the pay might be potentially higher.....my past waitressing job pays(7-8/hr, sometimes 9/hr)higher than the specialized fields as i have no experience or qualifications in other areas, so i might be a liability....

2. i think i will only end up with one university, as my grades weren't too good. basically i won't be able to get into 4 out of the 5 unis in my ucas application....that uni is alright....i wish i had more choices.....

3. in my country, i tried to get to know expats....they want to get to know to know more people....they want to hang out and watch movies, go clubbing etc. but when i messaged them, there were no replies.....is it because of my ugly profile picture? is it me or is it them?

4. i sent out other emails regarding miscellaneous stuff and jobs stuff and employers who said they would get back to me, haven't gotten back to me....
basically i feel a lot of people haven't gotten back to me....important stuff like jobs and less important things like hanging out, singing gigs etc.

i basically wish i had more uni options, like Russell group unis and basically i wish i had extraordinary talent in singing and i could earn big bucks.
the past ostracism in sch and nasty stuff are gone....but i wish i had something going for me......i feel like i'm destined to hustle all my life and end up as a low wage worker....i wish i had something to look forward to....
had a bout of the blues, anxiety, unpleasant sensations, but it has cleared for now.....

but then again, i could go to some unis which would enable me to enrich my life, learn something new, even if its not one of the highly ranked ones.....
i may be able to learn something that i like and use it....
also, i already have a decent social circle, which is expanding....
i am not starving or hungry right now....i have enough food to eat....
i'm not stuck at the gcse stage.....or the a levels stage....
but basically my problems are very common....same as some other people who are doomed to mediocrity....
i see people who have other things going for them....yes, they may have been poorer, or disadvantaged in some ways....
but for some of them, they have a great social life, they go to a good uni, they are smarter than me, they have many talents, they are good looking....of course, for some, they have the wealth to top it off....
some people are queen bees and have everything....and i was far from that, i feel.....
tl;dr: i need something.....i need something to look forward to....life is boring and unsatisfying and i do not feel any gratification....unlike those who are having a great time in uni, juggling studies and social life....a vacation is out of the question as the finances are controlled by my father....i am too much of a novelty seeker and i despise stability....but an unstable life(in a bad way) could send me spiraling downwards....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (74)
24.18%
No (232)
75.82%

Watched Threads