Finding accommodation in London for 3 people Watch

traumatised
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am a first year Computing student at Imperial. I had a ****ty experience in my accommodation (Fisher Hall) due to constantly malfunctioning facilities and my antisocial roommate (trust me waking up at 3 am to the sound someone playing Diablo 2 is not nice). In short I can't wait to get the hell outta here next year.

Two of my closest friends and I agreed to rent a place together next year. However we are all on a very restricted budget so we can't afford a rent higher than £100 per person per week. Which areas would you recommend to us without giving up too much on safety and proximity to Imperial?
Nimbus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is somewhat tricky, as generally speaking, places for 3 (small flats, shared-houses, small houses) are more expensive (e.g. somewhere near Fulham Broadway/West Ken are generally at least £150 exc. bills). Not impossible though nevertheless.

I'd recommend to look into a) teaming up with some other students to form a bigger group (maybe even look into shared rooms) or b) consider reapplying to other student halls. I don't know how many cheap halls are still left (as I've left Imperial some time ago), but if Wilson house and Pembridge Halls are still around, look into them!

Also, check out the college database of trusted landlords, some private landlords can be quite considerate and try to accommodate your needs.

I hope this somewhat helps and good luck!
traumatised
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Nimbus)
This is somewhat tricky, as generally speaking, places for 3 (small flats, shared-houses, small houses) are more expensive (e.g. somewhere near Fulham Broadway/West Ken are generally at least £150 exc. bills). Not impossible though nevertheless.

I'd recommend to look into a) teaming up with some other students to form a bigger group (maybe even look into shared rooms) or b) consider reapplying to other student halls. I don't know how many cheap halls are still left (as I've left Imperial some time ago), but if Wilson house and Pembridge Halls are still around, look into them!

Also, check out the college database of trusted landlords, some private landlords can be quite considerate and try to accommodate your needs.

I hope this somewhat helps and good luck!
We did try finding more people but our budget wasn't compatible with our other friends so they will likely opt for more expensive places. We might get into a more decent hall in Evelyn Gardens although there is no guarantee. If all 3 of us share a room together in Evelyn Gardens it will be as cheap as sharing a house with randomers in Zone 3 or 4. I'm not too fussy but I haven't really brought this up to my group yet so not sure how comfortable they are with the idea.

Thanks m8
vanillapod
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Try acton/ealing in west london? Someone I know at Imperial lives in West Kensington - apparently, you can get some cheap places there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Jun '20
    Thu, 25 Jun '20
    Sat, 19 Sep '20

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads