ethicalbanker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I graduated from Queen Mary, London in Economics last year. Worked with a top investment bank in a back-office role for my second-year internship.

Did lots of extra-curriculars and have some awards for the activities I have been involved in.

Since leaving uni I interned in a non-financial role at a United Nations office in my mother's country (I'm half English half Arab).

After I finished the internship I procured work at a new investment bank. It is not a top-tier bank and a very new place. Started as a 2 month intern (internship again!!) and finally offered a role as Analyst in their front office. M&A to be exact.

So yeh, I now work in M&A in a no-name investment bank in an Arab country. Have about 3-4 months experience here now (but still dont know complete M&A modeling, have had lots of client-meetings, exposure and some modelling though).

Trouble is I'm sick of the country, miss London, and the money is non-comparable with a role in LDN.

SO how do I make the move to LDN or IB in the UK? is it even possible for me to transfer considering no work in a top investment bank in their front office (in-spite of being a graduate for less than a year and having M&A experience in an emerging market?)

Please help. Advice would really be helpful as I'm not sure where to stand atm. Would like to move back ASAP. Cheers
TheRenaissanceMan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ethicalbanker)
So I graduated from Queen Mary, London in Economics last year. Worked with a top investment bank in a back-office role for my second-year internship.

Did lots of extra-curriculars and have some awards for the activities I have been involved in.

Since leaving uni I interned in a non-financial role at a United Nations office in my mother's country (I'm half English half Arab).

After I finished the internship I procured work at a new investment bank. It is not a top-tier bank and a very new place. Started as a 2 month intern (internship again!!) and finally offered a role as Analyst in their front office. M&A to be exact.

So yeh, I now work in M&A in a no-name investment bank in an Arab country. Have about 3-4 months experience here now (but still dont know complete M&A modeling, have had lots of client-meetings, exposure and some modelling though).

Trouble is I'm sick of the country, miss London, and the money is non-comparable with a role in LDN.

SO how do I make the move to LDN or IB in the UK? is it even possible for me to transfer considering no work in a top investment bank in their front office (in-spite of being a graduate for less than a year and having M&A experience in an emerging market?)

Please help. Advice would really be helpful as I'm not sure where to stand atm. Would like to move back ASAP. Cheers
I'll PM you. From the sounds of it you are doing well and using your resources effectively but your mindset is way-out.

Long story short: Prestige doesn't mean anything. You can party in your spare time.

Get to associate level and make the move.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (74)
23.95%
No (235)
76.05%

Watched Threads