How to tell the difference between hard to get & not interested? Watch

username927016
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I struggle to read girls sometimes :hmmmm2: I don't want them ever playing hard to get though :erm:
username1504459
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Usually a girl who's not interested will straight up tell that she isn't?
That's what I did anyway
Cremated_Spatula
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They have no reason to not bluntly state that they are not interested other than being polite & posturing.
Tom78
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I recognise jealousy is an indicator of someone who likes you (but tries to hide it), see how they react when you chat to and flirt with other girls.
username360639
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jedanselemyia)
That's what I did anyway
:cry2: I'm still hurt to this date.
:cry2:
username927016
Rep:
?
That's what I did anyway
Wouldn't it depend if on if she knew if the guy is interested or not? I mean there's this girl at work that sometimes says hi & smiles at me but I just think she's being friendly, we've had some nice conversations before but although I'm attracted to her I'm not sure the feeling is mutual, is she single or if she even wants a boyfriend. I kinda wanna find out but I'm scared of it ending up awkward haha
username1504459
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Loafing.Charizard)
:cry2: I'm still hurt to this date.:cry2:
Aw
Did she say it nicely though?
Zechs
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hard to get girl may talk to you,may also flirt with you , may even really like you but will make you work hard and think about her other options.

Not interested girl may tell you she does not like you in the most polite manner or she will just tell you to f**k off.
username360639
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aw
Did she say it nicely though?
That's what I did anyway
Lol I was referring to "what you did" :cry2:
username1504459
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Multitalented me)
Wouldn't it depend if on if she knew if the guy is interested or not? I mean there's this girl at work that sometimes says hi & smiles at me but I just think she's being friendly, we've had some nice conversations before but although I'm attracted to her I'm not sure the feeling is mutual, is she single or if she even wants a boyfriend. I kinda wanna find out but I'm scared of it ending up awkward haha
Well if you ask her out, she'll guess you're interested in her, right?
In this situation I would suggest spending some more time with her, to get the feel she's really comfortable with you and not just being nice. If she seems interested do you ask her ^^
tearteto
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
if you want to check if they're hard to get then go flirt with their friends and see if they get jealous. You just have to be observant. If they don't get jealous then they're not interested beyond friends.
username1504459
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lol I was referring to "what you did" :cry2:
Oh!
It definitely wasn't you anyway ^^
Just a creeper at school
username927016
Rep:
?
Well if you ask her out, she'll guess you're interested in her, right?
In this situation I would suggest spending some more time with her, to get the feel she's really comfortable with you and not just being nice. If she seems interested do you ask her ^^
Yeah I'm sure she would aha It's hard because at work we don't really have much opportunity to converse, I did add her on Facebook about a week ago but she still hasn't accepted (hoping she just hasn't seen the request ) I want to ask he out for a coffee or something but I just feel anxious about it all I've never really made a move on a girl before, just one girl I expressed feelings for over Facebook & I knew she wasn't interested & another girl I asked about hanging out but there was no romantic interest there.
username360639
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh!
It definitely wasn't you anyway ^^
Just a creeper at school
lmfao :rofl:. Did he stalk you though>
username1504459
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I'm sure she would aha It's hard because at work we don't really have much opportunity to converse, I did add her on Facebook about a week ago but she still hasn't accepted (hoping she just hasn't seen the request ) I want to ask he out for a coffee or something but I just feel anxious about it all I've never really made a move on a girl before, just one girl I expressed feelings for over Facebook & I knew she wasn't interested & another girl I asked about hanging out but there was no romantic interest there.
Hopefully it will go better this time
I would suggest not asking her out for coffee right now but see if she accepts the friend request (although that's not really important) and just try to develop the conversation further. Why not ask her and another friend or friends out at first to see how it goes?
username1504459
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
lmfao :rofl:. Did he stalk you though>
No, he just followed me and waited behind me while I was talking to a friend, once. Thankfully, I managed to get away before he could speak to me.
But he's still staring me in class even when I catch him and give him a nasty look and it pisses me off so much.
bittr n swt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Playing hard to get:
Flirts with you then goes cold
Text you first then doesn't text first for a long while
Basically someone who's always keeping you on your toes

Not interested:
Rejection would be the obvious one
Not starting the convo first
Blank replies
Talking about other boys
Calling you a mate or brother
username927016
Rep:
?
Hopefully it will go better this time
I would suggest not asking her out for coffee right now but see if she accepts the friend request (although that's not really important) and just try to develop the conversation further. Why not ask her and another friend or friends out at first to see how it goes?
Ok thanks for the advice, I'm not too sure who her friends are really, I mean where I work the majority of people are guys apart from like her & one other lady who mainly works on the tills I don't want her to think that I'm interested just by asking her to meetup sometime though, I want to get to know her first & then basically work my way in (no pun intended). Also there are some other girls I want to make a move on as well as I feel it's better to have my options open but I don't really know them that well yet.
username1504459
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ok thanks for the advice, I'm not too sure who her friends are really, I mean where I work the majority of people are guys apart from like her & one other lady who mainly works on the tills I don't want her to think that I'm interested just by asking her to meetup sometime though, I want to get to know her first & then basically work my way in (no pun intended). Also there are some other girls I want to make a move on as well as I feel it's better to have my options open but I don't really know them that well yet.
That's the way to go
Oh sure, don't limit yourself to only one person
username927016
Rep:
?
That's the way to go
Oh sure, don't limit yourself to only one person
Glad you agree aha I just need to improve my self-confidence first, I'm getting there but gosh she's so beautiful that sometimes I do find it hard to keep calm when she's nearby & start smirking for some reason lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (1)
10%
No (9)
90%

Watched Threads