Samuel745
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I just want to know why you are deciding to go to Coventry. I have heard some bad and good things about the area. Have you visited the area, and what do you think about it.
mistryoo96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Every city has its pros and cons nowdays. I have visited Coventry ( and the uni) many times and its not as bad as people think. Ok there isn't Great nightlife there compared to other cities like Nottingham ; however there are many bars around the city and bham is only a 20 min train ride.

Personally I think it all comes down to the university itself and whether your course is great there or not. To be honest Coventry uni is an emerging uni and is only going to get better.
Cov Uni
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Samuel745)
I just want to know why you are deciding to go to Coventry. I have heard some bad and good things about the area. Have you visited the area, and what do you think about it.
Hi Sam,
I know you're asking why people are deciding to come here now, but as a current student who did my undergraduate degree here too, I thought I'd share why I chose Coventry 4 years ago, and why I've stayed again this year!

I won't lie, I only visited Coventry once before I came here, but that was enough for me, I fell in love with my department (Media) and the course. Which I think is ultimately the most important part of your decision - it doesn't matter how much you love where you live, if you don't enjoy what you study you won't leave with a degree. The area seemed ok to me initially, and after 4 years here, I'm really happy I didn't let the initially grey looking city put me off.

Coventry is the perfect size for me, I've yet to live anywhere not in walking distance of the university, the city centre, and all the national public transport links. I didn't want to have to rent somewhere and then pay transport on top to get to university, I don't drive and I wanted to be independent without relying on public transport, Coventry's ticked all those boxes for me. I grew up in Birmingham, and the night life is little quieter here in comparison but i've honestly never struggled for something to do or somewhere to go.

I've stayed here for all of the above reasons, and the fact that I just can't believe anywhere else would be able to offer me both the facilities and support that Coventry has. I hope this is helpful to you!
If there's anything else you wanted to know about though, don't hesitate to drop us a line on here.

- Josh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
59.29%
No I haven't decided yet (58)
22.92%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.79%

Watched Threads