Blyts-_
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-QP-JUN11.PDF

On the past paper above, question 10 is a schedule of non current assets question. Under the 'depreciation' section, the revaluation amount for land and buildings is £45,000 (checked mark scheme) how do I get this figure?
aliman65
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Blyts-_)
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-QP-JUN11.PDF

On the past paper above, question 10 is a schedule of non current assets question. Under the 'depreciation' section, the revaluation amount for land and buildings is £45,000 (checked mark scheme) how do I get this figure?
Not sure which part of question you are looking at, as there aren't 10 questions.
Blyts-_
Rep:
?
(Original post by aliman65)
Not sure which part of question you are looking at, as there aren't 10 questions.
There are exactly 10 questions. Task 4 question, or the last question in the paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
aliman65
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh right, was late at night so sorry. I just checked the markscheme and the revaluation amount is 130,000 (280k-150k). The depreciation of 45k is wiped to 0 and a charge of 5600 (0.02*280k) is added for depreciation during the year, giving a NBV of 276k.

Not sure where you got the 45k revaluation amount from. The answer seems straightforward and nothing wrong about it.
Blyts-_
Rep:
?
I did say under the 'depreciation' section, you're looking at the 'cost' section, i.e the top half. What I was asking was how to get the figure for eliminated on revaluation of land and buildings, the figure is (45,000)
aliman65
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Blyts-_)
I did say under the 'depreciation' section, you're looking at the 'cost' section, i.e the top half. What I was asking was how to get the figure for eliminated on revaluation of land and buildings, the figure is (45,000)
No, I did look at the whole section. The (45000) bit is just saying the depreciation that is being eliminated because of the revaluation.
MahmoodReza
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When an asset is revalued the a/c entries are
1.Dr Asset at cost and Cr Revaluation Reserve (difference between original cost & revaluation value)
2. Dr Accumulated Depn Cr Revaluation Reserve (eliminate all depreciation charged up to date of revaluation)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.3%
No (214)
76.7%

Watched Threads