Hague Suffers Humiliation on Final Day Watch

StretfordEnd
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
It seems incredibly apt to me that after a commons career of crushing mediocrity, automaton Hague would suffer a humiliating defeat on his last (ever, presumably?) day as a Parliamentarian.

It seems equally apt that the last ever act of this government is one if ignominious defeat.

I don't dispute that it's an extremely important constitutional issue, and I agree with the idea of a secret ballot in principle, but as many Tory backbenchers themselves have noted, the timing is despicable.

It really doesn't bode well that our elected representatives are capable of such childish pettiness and vindictiveness.
username878267
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Great to see them humiliated, by their own backbenchers also.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by StretfordEnd)
It seems incredibly apt to me that after a commons career of crushing mediocrity, automaton Hague would suffer a humiliating defeat on his last (ever, presumably?) day as a Parliamentarian.

It seems equally apt that the last ever act of this government is one if ignominious defeat.

I don't dispute that it's an extremely important constitutional issue, and I agree with the idea of a secret ballot in principle, but as many Tory backbenchers themselves have noted, the timing is despicable.

It really doesn't bode well that our elected representatives are capable of such childish pettiness and vindictiveness.
I assume its about the Speaker?

Sweet. The idea seemed very bankhanded.
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is there a list of names of who voted for what (Other than labour were against)?

I'm a lib Dem but I do actually really like Bercow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (114)
66.28%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.35%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.37%

Watched Threads