lolly1296
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I haven't yet set Reading as my firm choice but i'm 80% sure I will go there and am planning to make my mind up during the week. However i'm still waiting on my student finance and need to see how much I get before I can know for definite which halls I can afford. I am worried that if I apply in 2 weeks time or later for accommodation it will be too late and I won't get the one I was hoping for (especially en-suite).
Do I need to apply for the accommodation now?
UniofReading
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lolly1296)
I haven't yet set Reading as my firm choice but i'm 80% sure I will go there and am planning to make my mind up during the week. However i'm still waiting on my student finance and need to see how much I get before I can know for definite which halls I can afford. I am worried that if I apply in 2 weeks time or later for accommodation it will be too late and I won't get the one I was hoping for (especially en-suite).
Do I need to apply for the accommodation now?
Hello!

If you have put Reading down as your firm choice, you are guaranteed to get a place in halls. It really would be best to apply for accommodation as soon as you can, to help you get into the halls that you want to live in. In the application, you put down a number of halls in order of preference and the accommodation team will try to place you in the hall of your choice. If you find out that you are unable to afford the hall that you are accepted for, then you can ask to be moved to another, however this may be difficult if places have already been allocated.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any more questions,
Pip, third year English Literature and History of Art
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads