The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Goldsmiths or Brunel for DESIGN?

Hey! I have offers from BA Design at Goldsmiths and Industrial Design and Technology BA at Brunel. However, I can't decide which to choose. I don't know anyone personally from either of these schools, so I would really appreciate some help :smile:

Thanks!
Reply 1
Hey! I applied to the same two courses and finally chose for Goldsmiths. The main difference between the two I would say is that Brunel is more industry-directed, while Goldsmiths is less focused. I chose Goldsmiths as it allows you to explore a range of fields within the design world, so you're not really bound to a discipline. The thing about Brunel that I didn't really like was the idea that it might be too industrial and more focused on ergonomics and mechanics rather than design (both which are of course very interesting)

The other main factor for me was location and student life. Brunel is more of a campus uni, and while that might be ideal for some people, I would prefer studying within the city.

Either way, both schools are great and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time no matter which one you pick :smile:
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending