EconomicsWarrior
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all,

I am very grateful and fortunate in receiving conditional offers for the LSE and Imperial College Business School (ICBS) MSc Finance programmes. My aim at the end of the course is to work in investment banking particularly M&A and/or ECM/DCM.

I believe both courses are highly regarded in most MSc Finance league tables and both boast high employability prospects. Furthermore, the fees are very similar for the two and considering both are situated in London, the accommodation and living costs will almost be identical.

My question is - 'If you were in my shoes, which would you choose?'

Many thanks
Humanreason
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
First of all, congrats on the offers. Would you mind sharing your profile?

In regards to to which program, the imperial Msc finance course is more quantitative than the LSE one, and thus generally places better among traders. Whereas LSE's Msc Finance courses are huge M&A feeders.

At the end of the day you can't go wrong with either, it will ultimately come more down to your previous experience/ how you perform on interviews than whether you chose LSE or Imperial. I hope that helps.
EconomicsWarrior
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Humanreason)
First of all, congrats on the offers. Would you mind sharing your profile?

In regards to to which program, the imperial Msc finance course is more quantitative than the LSE one, and thus generally places better among traders. Whereas LSE's Msc Finance courses are huge M&A feeders.

At the end of the day you can't go wrong with either, it will ultimately come more down to your previous experience/ how you perform on interviews than whether you chose LSE or Imperial. I hope that helps.
Many thanks for the response. I think I'm leaning towards LSE at the moment. My profile is:

Econ & Fin undergraduate at a top 15 UK university.
1st/2nd Year ~ 73%
alecxke
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
LSE is probably the best in finance
JoJenkins9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Congrats on the offers!

I just scored a 680 (46Q 37V 8IR) and I am wondering if that is enough to get into LSE MSc Finance. I have a 3.5/4.0 GPA (which I believe is equivalent to a second class?) in Business and Economics from a top US liberal arts school and have had 2 decent internships. Do you think I have a chance at admission or should I retake the GMAT and go for a higher Quant score?
EKN95
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone study at either of the two and can tell about their experience there?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (147)
15.67%
Uncertainty around my education (154)
16.42%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (88)
9.38%
Isolating with family (65)
6.93%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (34)
3.62%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (82)
8.74%
Loneliness (95)
10.13%
Financial worries (39)
4.16%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (85)
9.06%
Exposure to negative news/social media (64)
6.82%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (85)
9.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed