Girls, copying a guys gesture? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Ok girls. Is this good or bad behaviour from a girl in terms of, if she sees me as a friend or maybe more?
Ok so I have started (occasionally) putting my thumb up too her when I'm messing about and talking to her and acting a bit daft, or sometimes just acknowledging what she says if we're far away from eachother. I don't know why I do this its just soemthing I do. Anyway, I've noticed since I've started doing it too her, she's started doing it back too me when I don't initiate it first. She puts her thumbs up at me. In a sense she's copying my gesture, albeit one that would indicate friend zone? Is there any significance to a girl copying a guys gesture like this??
thanks.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
Actually copying someone's gestures is usually a (what I believe is most of the time) unconscious way of showing that you are interested. If she is initiating this behaviour you might be on to something. :heart::headfire:
ummm
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I find that you tend to do this whenever you spend a reasonable amount of time around someone. It doesn't necessarily mean she's interested.
Zefiros
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Actually copying someone's gestures is usually a (what I believe is most of the time) unconscious way of showing that you are interested. If she is initiating this behaviour you might be on to something. :heart::headfire:
Not necessarily at all.

(Original post by ummm)
I find that you tend to do this whenever you spend a reasonable amount of time around someone. It doesn't necessarily mean she's interested.
Indeed, not necessarily at all.
Emily.97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This seems like more of a conscious thing compared to the usual mirroring behaviour in body language.
If she didn't like you she obviously wouldn't be playing along, so there's a degree of interest/banter there, but there isn't a way to determine whether its anything more solely based on that.
ShotsFired-9941
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There is new recruit who always say "hi" by waving her hand. In the first few days, and because she was new, I used to just say "hi" back and go about. But these days (it's been more than a month now) I say "hi" and wave my hand.

Basically copying her gesture but not doing it to flirt or whatever...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (10)
22.22%
No (35)
77.78%

Watched Threads