Self Catered Nottingham - Broadgate Park or St Peters? Watch

tokopoko
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi there

I am applying for 1st year accommodation and if possible I want a self catered room with an en suite.

However the only en suite rooms left are at St Peters Court but i fear this is a bit far away from the main campus where all my lectures will be and seems unpopular because there are en suite rooms still available.

Broadgate Park will only have standard/standard large rooms available but I feel it would be a better location and with more students i.e a better social life. I don't mind sharing a bathroom that much but en suite is definitely prefered.

Anyone who has any knowledge of SPC or BP please let me know which would be the better option, many thanks!
Miss.Dee97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey,
I'm soon to be first year too, and i've applied to St. peters also. It's my first choice.
I was kinda in the same situation as you too, my course is all based in the main campus.
Although it is the furthest away, I don't think it will be too much of a problem as UNITE themselves have a hopper bus service which runs every 20 mins( i think?) which takes you to the main campus anyway.
As for the popularity, i just missed out on the short term lease standard ensuite, so am doing the longer lease, and even that was limited available today. Also, all st. peters is ensuite and it is pretty big, like 800? that was probably the reason there was lots left when you checked? also there will be loads of students who study at main but live there too.
As for social, well st. peters is pretty large, so i'm sure it won't be a stuggle to meet people ahhaa.
aaaaaand, it's closest to the city centre, so much easier to get out and about.

Just wanted to reassure you a haha, i hope you get the place you want.
rajv
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think the whole of St Peter's Court is ensuite so that's why there's still places left, whereas the other halls had limited en suite places and these are usually the first to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
rhi94
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Im based at University Park and going to live at St Peters court from September. I am also from Nottingham and wouldn't recommend Broadgate if you want to be close to the city centre - Broadgate is quite far away even if it doesn't look it. As well as the hopper bus provided by St peters, there are local frequent links (google 'NCT Nottingham bus transport') to get to the university so I wouldn't worry. From my personal opinion I don't think St peters is far away from university park, its very close to Raleigh Park and Nottingham 1/Opal, its just an extra 5 minute walk - but I may be bias because Im from Nottingham and obviously know it well. You will probably see what I mean when you arrive! x
Miss.Dee97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by md_shamz)
I was also in the same situation, couldn't get Raleigh Park so I put st. peters court as my first choice bout a week and haven't heard nothing as of yet. It wouldn't make much of a difference because they are like 2 minutes away from each other. Plus its really close to Jubilee Campus where I will be attending the Business School.

I will also be starting in september, hopefully.

What you guys going to study. Before you u ask, I'm going to study BSc Management Studies. And let me know what court or room you get allocated.
I'm studying pharmacy at the main campus, and i've been allocated block r, floor 3, room 104

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 30 Oct '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Jun '20

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed