tokiohoe
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I've recently firmed UCL and noticed that they have an option asking you whether or not you'd mind having to share a room. On the one hand, I think it would be good to have someone to get to know as soon as you get there and to go out to Freshers events with. But on the other hand, there's always the chance that they could be really weird and/or creepy and then you're stuck living with them for the next year. What are your experiences with roommates? Do you think it's a good idea to have one in 1st year?
upendatom
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm in the same position with UCL accommodation, but I pretty much have to share a room because of the prices haha. I don't mind sharing because I like the company, just hope they don't snore

Posted from TSR Mobile
tokiohoe
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by upendatom)
I'm in the same position with UCL accommodation, but I pretty much have to share a room because of the prices haha. I don't mind sharing because I like the company, just hope they don't snore

Posted from TSR Mobile
Eyy a fellow UCLer! What course are you doing? Ugh, snoring would be the worst! Is it cheaper if you share a room? I feel like in general roommates could either be a hit or miss, either they're really nice and you get on great or they're really creepy (e.g. don't understand personal boundaries and watch you whilst you sleep), at least that's what I've heard from other people.
upendatom
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tokiohoe)
Eyy a fellow UCLer! What course are you doing? Ugh, snoring would be the worst! Is it cheaper if you share a room? I feel like in general roommates could either be a hit or miss, either they're really nice and you get on great or they're really creepy (e.g. don't understand personal boundaries and watch you whilst you sleep), at least that's what I've heard from other people.
History of Art you? Yeh, I guess if it doesn't work out you can always swap with someone I think. Yeh, the cheapest single room is about £130, and shared rooms are between £100-£120 - this is for student houses though, not sure about halls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you can afford it, no roommate. You'll still get close with people, you get a bunch of people per flat and there are living areas to hang out in you know
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tokiohoe)
I've recently firmed UCL and noticed that they have an option asking you whether or not you'd mind having to share a room. On the one hand, I think it would be good to have someone to get to know as soon as you get there and to go out to Freshers events with. But on the other hand, there's always the chance that they could be really weird and/or creepy and then you're stuck living with them for the next year. What are your experiences with roommates? Do you think it's a good idea to have one in 1st year?
You can still get put in a shared room even if you request a single one as they don't have enough single rooms so do be warned.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.92%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.04%
Not great so far... (221)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.06%

Watched Threads