Lau85
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
'The World Health Organisation is recommending strategies for reducing the global burden of TB. Discuss why it is proving difficult to prevent and control TB in the World's least developed countries such as Sub-Saharan Africa - you should ONLY refer to social, economical and ethical factors'

Can anyone help with this last question please!
INTit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's proving difficult because they are dirt poor parasitical countries we have a moral obligation to prop up.
Lau85
Rep:
?
Very helpful, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
rachaelftw
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not sure how correct this is as this is only an opinion really, but the fact they are poorer countries with less up-to-date and modern facilities, like other countries, could be an issue? Like how are they meant to implement infection prevention and control of diseases and such when they have limited resources that may be outdated, and not in high supply.

Also people may not be educated about TB and so they do not know the symptoms/signs (if any) and so are unsure if they have it or not. This could mean they do not go and get checked out/diagnosed, and remain with it whilst possibly passing it onto others. And then the cycle continues?

Not sure how helpful this will be for you, but thanks for reading, if you did read it
Lau85
Rep:
?
Thanks Rachael,
I submitting the paper yesterday but you're along the right lines! I wrote about the above as well as the fact a lot of people have HIV and weakened immune systems etc, subsequently leading them to be more susceptible to TB
Thanks again for making the effort - I'd been working all day, had lost a patient (a child) and I was so brain fried I couldn't write anymore! Managed to get it done by 9am though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
redandgreen123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because there is a lack of education, the government doesn't have the money to spend on vaccinations for it. people in developing countries tend to have larger famillies and TB is usually caught when you spend a long time with an infected person more people are likely to contract it and also, the fact that It's spread that way makes it very difficult to stop the spreading of TB .
Hope this helped
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
66.09%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.11%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.79%

Watched Threads