The Student Room Group

Can I cancel a gap year and start a year earlier at University?

Hi Guys,
I'm currently studying in Year 13 and I was planning to take a gap year before university and start in September 2016.
I applied for a 'deferred entry' to 5 universities, got offers from all of them and have confirmed my Firm and Insurance choice.
I am now having doubts about taking a gap year and, if i achieve my target grades, I am considering cancelling my deferred entry and starting university this summer.
Does anyone know whether a university would allow me to do this?
My firm choice was Queen Mary, and Insurance was Greenwich.
Thank you
Original post by Deema18
Hi Guys,
I'm currently studying in Year 13 and I was planning to take a gap year before university and start in September 2016.
I applied for a 'deferred entry' to 5 universities, got offers from all of them and have confirmed my Firm and Insurance choice.
I am now having doubts about taking a gap year and, if i achieve my target grades, I am considering cancelling my deferred entry and starting university this summer.
Does anyone know whether a university would allow me to do this?
My firm choice was Queen Mary, and Insurance was Greenwich.
Thank you

I would email the course department in question and ask directly.......it should be fine at Greenwich....QM will be dependent on the course and of course the availability of places. Don't think you'll get a definite answer until results day.

Quick Reply

Latest