Does my boss fancy me? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Ok this might be a little long but I'll try and be factual and to the point, about 6 weeks ago I started a new job, perfect, and I love it, I work with three other woman and the manager is obviously male he's 35 married and with two kids.

At first I wasn't bothered about him much, he was a nice guy but the first few weeks were just settling in and getting to know the people and my role so I never gave him much thought. Anyway he started to catch my attention more over the past 2-3 weeks, he's pretty cute, and funny, and a really nice guy. The woman I work with are at least 10 years older than him and they all seem to love this guy, they seem to put him on a pedestal I even think they kinda flirt with him.

I'm the youngest in the office and as any young woman I make an effort every day with my appearance, my make up, hair, clothes, you know how it is and anyway now he's caught my attention I like how they all seem to swoon over him, craving his attention as it seems, and he's so nice he chats, laughs and jokes but he's so authoritive (and I find that quite sexy) everyone wants a piece of him, not just the girls they guys too he's the main man.

He's recently started sitting near to my desk so I see him all day everyday pretty much, he says this desk near to mine is quieter than his office (the line of work we are in is pretty loud I guess) but he's never sat there before only on the last few weeks he's there almost every day now.... And just to point out there is a spare desk next to one of the woman he works closely with as she does a lot of his side of things.

Anyway were kinda getting closer, getting to know eachother, chatting laughing ect we tease eachother a lot and have good banter. I keep fantasising about him in a sexual way, I would never act on it because I am in a relationship and obviously he is married with kids. Some days he's quite serious and professional and others he's giggly and fun I guess that's just his job but he's always kind to me, he just doesn't always show me as much attention if he's got his professional hat on although I always manage to make him laugh at least once or twice a day.

He laughs with the others too tho so I don't think that's much of a sign he likes me or he's flirting. Lately he keeps talking me up to other colleagues and his boss the owner of the business, he tells them how much of a good job im doing, how talented I am, and what I've done to help him with projects. It's so nice.

He compliments me on a lot of things, even small things like making him a cup of tea, he likes it a certain way and apparently I seem to have the knack! It embarrasses me to be complemented on such trivial things but it's sweet of him.

Everyday we get a little closer, pushing boundaries with teasing eachother (I don't know about him but I guess I'm just seeing what jokes he can take and teasing him is quite amusing) when we talk, about anything, weather it's work related or not, he makes such intense eye contact that he doesn't break, I have to look away sometimes I feel uncomfortable staring into his eyes for that long, I don't know what to do with myself, his eyes burn into mine and as soon as I kinda remember his eyes are on mine I get all flustered and look away.

His jokes are sometimes a little rude but not too bad, he doesn't indicate sexual comments towards anyone just a few naughty jokes or comments, he knows I'm in a relationship, and of course I know he is too so it never crosses a line.

Today he sat at the desk near to mine all day until we were about an hour off leaving then he moved back to his office. Everyone else apart from him and the woman I work with and myself had gone home already, guess I convinced myself I wanted a drink just so I could make one and go to his office to take him a coffee just to see him, when I went to his office I gave him his paperwork and drink and turned to leave, it is literally the first time he hasn't been surrounded by people wanting him for something or another, it's the only time we have ever been actually alone...

So as I turned to walk out he started a random conversation up about it being pay day, after that we were just talking about anything and everything, from hobbies to house robberies, it felt like we had so much to say neither one of us could get it out fast enough, we were talking over eachother and laughing a lot, sharing everything we could, he never once broke eye contact with me, I know I did, I felt kind of nervous, I was lingering in his doorway and he was sat at his desk, everytime I thought I better leave cos ive been in his office ages and the other woman I work with will be wondering where I am he kept me talking, I was there for ages!

In the end one of the woman I work with came to find me, wondering where I had gotten too, even though she appeared next to me in the door way and he knew that cos she made some comment about us talking for ages he didn't even acknowledge her he carried on looking at me and finishing what he was telling me, when he finished the woman who came to find him said one of the other woman wanted him to help with a job, so he followed me out of his office

I know this is ridiculous but he was so close (but not touching) i could feel like electric between us, he keeps gesturing as tho he's going to touch my back but doesn't. No one mentioned it in our office but I knew they all clearly wondered where I was with him because they would have just phoned him otherwise or not come down. I was gone at least 20-30 mins tho I think.

When im around him and we are alone or semi alone it's like we both seem flustered sort of jittery I don't even know what this is. I don't speak to him outside of work. Ive only known him like 5 weeks!

Generally when he comes in and out of our office or if I see him he doesn't always look at me, but if I look up at him walking in he is sometimes looking in my direction, I think he blushes sometimes when we speak but to be honest im too busy not to blush I don't really notice. I can't even concentrate fully on what he's saying to me. He probably thinks I'm not listening to him.

When I play him up and tease him he gives me this cheeky look sometimes he's really cheeky to me too.

I'm not planning anything with this guy, but it makes the work day a little more amusing to get on so well with him, it's a bit of a thrill and a bit of fun, harmless flirting I guess...

But my question is, does he fancy me? Is this one sided on my part? I can't work it out I have been out of the dating game so long, and while I guess it doesn't even matter how he feels because neither one of us will act on it, it would be nice to know if he does like me in that way or not?

***UPDATE***

now I catch him having sneaky glances, he's also tried to keep me in his office talking when it's just us alone, he asked me if I was bored in the job, he winks at me, he calls me pet names and please don't tell me to just ignore it because I can't and I don't want to either my home life is awful at the moment for a start it's nice to have some positive attention! Please just understand.

Opinions please?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
honestly? Sounds like you might be influencing his behaviour..
sarahellens
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No
U said it yourself that hes just a nice. The way your describing it sounds as if your one that fancys him too much and so therefore reading way too much into his very move. Let it go.
ZolaCFC25
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
6 weeks isn't long. See what happens in the next month or so. Life's short ya-know. But then again, don't ruin his home life!
Onion Ring
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It definitely seems like you two may have chemistry, but I recommend you be very cautious of where it goes. This reminds me of that BBC show, The 7.39.
noey123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just don't ruin his home like the person above said! you seem to be paying attention to every move he makes indicating your the one who fancies him loool. But wait for like a month and see if anything changes, but seriously I think you really need to let it go
Alaric III
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You both like it, the question is are you gonna stop because you're both otherwise committed - or are you gonna break up with your boyfriend and destroy his family by forcing him to divorce his wife?
frankieboy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Being the authoratative boss in an office environment is one thing. Being the same character out of the cocoon of the office is another. He might be very different in reality, who knows. Just remember that before you let your crush get too big.
Onion Ring
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Alaric III)
You both like it, the question is are you gonna stop because you're both otherwise committed - or are you gonna break up with your boyfriend and destroy his family by forcing him to divorce his wife?
It is the boss that would be leaving his family, that would be a result of his actions.
Alaric III
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Onion Ring)
It is the boss that would be leaving his family, that would be a result of his actions.
yes but presumably it would be because of mutual ****ing, so the responsibility lies both ways. While yes, he would be filing for the divorce papers, OP would be the cause of this. But that's all down to what they decide to do. Doesn't overly matter to me at least.
Onion Ring
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yes but presumably it would be because of mutual ****ing, so the responsibility lies both ways. While yes, he would be filing for the divorce papers, OP would be the cause of this. But that's all down to what they decide to do. Doesn't overly matter to me at least.
OP might be the reason for filing divorce papers but she is not the one actively deciding to split from the family, the boss is! I know this isn't real but...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
honestly? Sounds like you might be influencing his behaviour..
May I ask how I am influencing his behaviour?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sarahellens)
No
U said it yourself that hes just a nice. The way your describing it sounds as if your one that fancys him too much and so therefore reading way too much into his very move. Let it go.
Thank you for your honest response
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ZolaCFC25)
6 weeks isn't long. See what happens in the next month or so. Life's short ya-know. But then again, don't ruin his home life!
I don't want to ruin anything for him or his family I was just curious that's all. Thank you
Anonymous #1
Don't worry it will get no where near that far!
Anonymous #3
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ok this might be a little long but I'll try and be factual and to the point, about 6 weeks ago I started a new job, perfect, and I love it, I work with three other woman and the manager is obviously male he's 35 married and with two kids.

At first I wasn't bothered about him much, he was a nice guy but the first few weeks were just settling in and getting to know the people and my role so I never gave him much thought. Anyway he started to catch my attention more over the past 2-3 weeks, he's pretty cute, and funny, and a really nice guy. The woman I work with are at least 10 years older than him and they all seem to love this guy, they seem to put him on a pedestal I even think they kinda flirt with him.

I'm the youngest in the office and as any young woman I make an effort every day with my appearance, my make up, hair, clothes, you know how it is and anyway now he's caught my attention I like how they all seem to swoon over him, craving his attention as it seems, and he's so nice he chats, laughs and jokes but he's so authoritive (and I find that quite sexy) everyone wants a piece of him, not just the girls they guys too he's the main man.

He's recently started sitting near to my desk so I see him all day everyday pretty much, he says this desk near to mine is quieter than his office (the line of work we are in is pretty loud I guess) but he's never sat there before only on the last few weeks he's there almost every day now.... And just to point out there is a spare desk next to one of the woman he works closely with as she does a lot of his side of things.

Anyway were kinda getting closer, getting to know eachother, chatting laughing ect we tease eachother a lot and have good banter. I keep fantasising about him in a sexual way, I would never act on it because I am in a relationship and obviously he is married with kids. Some days he's quite serious and professional and others he's giggly and fun I guess that's just his job but he's always kind to me, he just doesn't always show me as much attention if he's got his professional hat on although I always manage to make him laugh at least once or twice a day.

He laughs with the others too tho so I don't think that's much of a sign he likes me or he's flirting. Lately he keeps talking me up to other colleagues and his boss the owner of the business, he tells them how much of a good job im doing, how talented I am, and what I've done to help him with projects. It's so nice.

He compliments me on a lot of things, even small things like making him a cup of tea, he likes it a certain way and apparently I seem to have the knack! It embarrasses me to be complemented on such trivial things but it's sweet of him.

Everyday we get a little closer, pushing boundaries with teasing eachother (I don't know about him but I guess I'm just seeing what jokes he can take and teasing him is quite amusing) when we talk, about anything, weather it's work related or not, he makes such intense eye contact that he doesn't break, I have to look away sometimes I feel uncomfortable staring into his eyes for that long, I don't know what to do with myself, his eyes burn into mine and as soon as I kinda remember his eyes are on mine I get all flustered and look away.

His jokes are sometimes a little rude but not too bad, he doesn't indicate sexual comments towards anyone just a few naughty jokes or comments, he knows I'm in a relationship, and of course I know he is too so it never crosses a line.

Today he sat at the desk near to mine all day until we were about an hour off leaving then he moved back to his office. Everyone else apart from him and the woman I work with and myself had gone home already, guess I convinced myself I wanted a drink just so I could make one and go to his office to take him a coffee just to see him, when I went to his office I gave him his paperwork and drink and turned to leave, it is literally the first time he hasn't been surrounded by people wanting him for something or another, it's the only time we have ever been actually alone...

So as I turned to walk out he started a random conversation up about it being pay day, after that we were just talking about anything and everything, from hobbies to house robberies, it felt like we had so much to say neither one of us could get it out fast enough, we were talking over eachother and laughing a lot, sharing everything we could, he never once broke eye contact with me, I know I did, I felt kind of nervous, I was lingering in his doorway and he was sat at his desk, everytime I thought I better leave cos ive been in his office ages and the other woman I work with will be wondering where I am he kept me talking, I was there for ages!

In the end one of the woman I work with came to find me, wondering where I had gotten too, even though she appeared next to me in the door way and he knew that cos she made some comment about us talking for ages he didn't even acknowledge her he carried on looking at me and finishing what he was telling me, when he finished the woman who came to find him said one of the other woman wanted him to help with a job, so he followed me out of his office

I know this is ridiculous but he was so close (but not touching) i could feel like electric between us, he keeps gesturing as tho he's going to touch my back but doesn't. No one mentioned it in our office but I knew they all clearly wondered where I was with him because they would have just phoned him otherwise or not come down. I was gone at least 20-30 mins tho I think.

When im around him and we are alone or semi alone it's like we both seem flustered sort of jittery I don't even know what this is. I don't speak to him outside of work. Ive only known him like 5 weeks!

Generally when he comes in and out of our office or if I see him he doesn't always look at me, but if I look up at him walking in he is sometimes looking in my direction, I think he blushes sometimes when we speak but to be honest im too busy not to blush I don't really notice. I can't even concentrate fully on what he's saying to me. He probably thinks I'm not listening to him.

When I play him up and tease him he gives me this cheeky look sometimes he's really cheeky to me too.

I'm not planning anything with this guy, but it makes the work day a little more amusing to get on so well with him, it's a bit of a thrill and a bit of fun, harmless flirting I guess...

But my question is, does he fancy me? Is this one sided on my part? I can't work it out I have been out of the dating game so long, and while I guess it doesn't even matter how he feels because neither one of us will act on it, it would be nice to know if he does like me in that way or not?

***UPDATE***

now I catch him having sneaky glances, he's also tried to keep me in his office talking when it's just us alone, he asked me if I was bored in the job, he winks at me, he calls me pet names and please don't tell me to just ignore it because I can't and I don't want to either my home life is awful at the moment for a start it's nice to have some positive attention! Please just understand.

Opinions please?
I'm not going to give you a hard time. I felt a similar way once and it was really really nice and to be honest I'd love to feel that way again.

It does sound like he likes you. The staring thing is a common sign when you both lock eyes and it feels like he's looking into you. Please just be a bit careful because you don't want to ruin his home life. Try not to get to hooked up on this relationship, I know it's hard not to and I did when a similar thing happened to me. I'd say just carry on but be careful and don't over step the mark. If you do your job and his life and your life will be on the line. Enjoy work while your there and if he ever becomes single in future then you could re think but I doubt that will happen.

If I was you I'd review your current relationship. Has it gone stale and could you do with finding someone new. If your relationship was exciting and you were truly happy in it you probably wouldn't be finding a buzz from your boss.
Hope this helps and all the best!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by noey123)
Just don't ruin his home like the person above said! you seem to be paying attention to every move he makes indicating your the one who fancies him loool. But wait for like a month and see if anything changes, but seriously I think you really need to let it go
I do fancy him, that's no secret here. But I'm aware that I do need to let this go. I do act as though he doesn't exist though to his face, I only respond if he speaks to me and if I have to speak to him about work I don't take it off topic he does
Twinpeaks
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This makes me physically cringe.

You write a massive story gushing over him, gushing over how he compliments the way you make him tea, yet you say you'll never get with him because you are in a relationship and he's a married man with children. I'm sorry but what are you doing?

Stop fantasising and try and be professional. And you may also reconsider how happy you are in your current relationship.
Twinpeaks
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

The OP would be the cause of this? Surely the man filing the divorce because he fancies another woman would be the cause of it?

Weird...
MissLalaxx
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
"Then he Bill Clinton'd all on my gown!" I wouldn't even go there but you seem to like him and you're just adding fuel to the fire. If I were you I'd pour water on it things could go bad real fast...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (119)
64.67%
No I haven't decided yet (39)
21.2%
Yes but I might change my mind (26)
14.13%

Watched Threads