The Student Room Group

I'm only doing double science; will this affect me when it comes to A levels?

I'm not doing triple science. I got an A last year in Core science and I'm predicted an A* in Additional. I know that you can still get in only doing double, but in terms of learning and studying the topics at A level, will it affect me?
Not really.

The only real difference is that people who did triple science might have slightly more awareness of certain topics.

This is based on the experience of me having done triple science BTW.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Although I studied Triple, I'm good friends with somebody who's in Biology with me having only done Double (and I believe they just scraped my sixth form's science requirements of AB).

Coming up from double science, they did occasionally have to do a little bit of extra study as double science doesn't cover a couple of topics, but ultimately they were just fine.
Reply 3
Original post by loperdoper
Although I studied Triple, I'm good friends with somebody who's in Biology with me having only done Double (and I believe they just scraped my sixth form's science requirements of AB).

Coming up from double science, they did occasionally have to do a little bit of extra study as double science doesn't cover a couple of topics, but ultimately they were just fine.

Thanks for this 😊
Nah, our school only offered double award and anyone who went on to do science did exceptionally well, I got 2 As so youll be fine :smile:
I had, by TSR's standards, poor grades in double science. In the course I did there was more of a focus on chemistry and biology than physics. There are certainly topics in both triple science and A Level Physics that aren't in double science but most of these weren't covered in much depth in triple, so didn't feel like I had an unreasonable disadvantage. I've noticed that most of these appear in A2 Physics, you should already have a decent understanding of physics by then so they shouldn't be hard to understand. I'm not sure how this applies to the other sciences though.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest