I'm only doing double science; will this affect me when it comes to A levels? Watch

CBMFM99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm not doing triple science. I got an A last year in Core science and I'm predicted an A* in Additional. I know that you can still get in only doing double, but in terms of learning and studying the topics at A level, will it affect me?
Fanatical Geek
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not really.

The only real difference is that people who did triple science might have slightly more awareness of certain topics.

This is based on the experience of me having done triple science BTW.

Posted from TSR Mobile
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Although I studied Triple, I'm good friends with somebody who's in Biology with me having only done Double (and I believe they just scraped my sixth form's science requirements of AB).

Coming up from double science, they did occasionally have to do a little bit of extra study as double science doesn't cover a couple of topics, but ultimately they were just fine.
CBMFM99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by loperdoper)
Although I studied Triple, I'm good friends with somebody who's in Biology with me having only done Double (and I believe they just scraped my sixth form's science requirements of AB).

Coming up from double science, they did occasionally have to do a little bit of extra study as double science doesn't cover a couple of topics, but ultimately they were just fine.
Thanks for this 😊
LadyEcliptic
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nah, our school only offered double award and anyone who went on to do science did exceptionally well, I got 2 As so youll be fine
Nuvertion
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I had, by TSR's standards, poor grades in double science. In the course I did there was more of a focus on chemistry and biology than physics. There are certainly topics in both triple science and A Level Physics that aren't in double science but most of these weren't covered in much depth in triple, so didn't feel like I had an unreasonable disadvantage. I've noticed that most of these appear in A2 Physics, you should already have a decent understanding of physics by then so they shouldn't be hard to understand. I'm not sure how this applies to the other sciences though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (10)
21.74%
No (36)
78.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed