Should UKIP/Conservatives ban same-sex marriage upon election victory? Watch

This discussion is closed.
ModYom
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I believe that the UKIP and Conservatives will likely win the election, and hope that common sense shall prevail to ban the farce of man being able to marry man and thus adopt children, in place of a legitimate mixed gender coupling.

So, will they do this? - pretty sure Nigel has the balls but have my doubts over the Tories
guledgwan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't think they should
MatureStudent36
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You are aware that it was the Conservatives who legalised gay marriage?
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ModYom)
I believe that the UKIP and Conservatives will likely win the election, and hope that common sense shall prevail to ban the farce of man being able to marry man and thus adopt children, in place of a legitimate mixed gender coupling.

So, will they do this? - pretty sure Nigel has the balls but have my doubts over the Tories
Will be DUP be part of that coalition?
ModYom
Rep:
?
(Original post by MatureStudent36)
You are aware that it was the Conservatives who legalised gay marriage?
yes, that's true, but it was the Liberals Cameron and Clegg (+ of course Dave's wife) that allowed this to happen.

So, either a real Conservative becomes new leader or UKIP - they should then ban this idiotic arrangement
TheTechN1304
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Conservatives passed same sex marriage you imbecile. Also, ukip has what, 2 seats? They're predicted 4 this election at most. There definitely won't be a coalition with ukip/tories
Gwilym101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Unlikely given that about 65-70% of the population were in favour of legalising same sex marriage due to not being backwards homophobes.
TheTechN1304
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I try not to get into deep conversations with homophobic idiots like you as it's like talking to a brick wall. It's not 'common sense' for starters. Also, may I remind you that gay marriage means two women as well, not just two men. There are studies showing children with 2 same-sex parents do just as well, and are just as happy as children with a mum and a dad. By your logic, single parents shouldn't be allowed to adopt either.
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yes, that's true, but it was the Liberals Cameron and Clegg (+ of course Dave's wife) that allowed this to happen.

So, either a real Conservative becomes new leader or UKIP - they should then ban this idiotic arrangement
You Fitbit that the majority of conservative MPs voted for it.

why do you think conservatives by default are against gay marriage?

we're talking about a political party that had the UKs first female prime minister.

the leader of the scottoah Consevatives is openly gay.
DaveSmith99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MatureStudent36)
You Fitbit that the majority of conservative MPs voted for it.

why do you think conservatives by default are against gay marriage?

we're talking about a political party that had the UKs first female prime minister.

the leader of the scottoah Consevatives is openly gay.
Nope http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-21346694
hdindak
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
People like you are the reason I have no faith in the British public
Unown Uzer
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Bad news for you, this won't happen for the following reasons:

1) It was the Conservatives who legalized same-sex marriage in the first place. Why would they backtrack so suddenly?

2) UKIP has ruled out an official coalition with the Conservatives. They will provide confidence & supply at most.

3) Nigel Farage has already stated that he will not vote to revert the legalisation of same-sex marriage.
beckaroo7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Definitely not. Though I'll be voting for neither of them and hope they don't get in
jambojim97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If they did there would be a revolution, plus decline in support for UKIP given it has a strong LGBT branch.
TheWaffle
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Tell me, was there much traffic today during your journey from the 19th century?
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nope:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmpf5-tuDEo
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Shock horror. Mps represent the views of their constituents.

I think there's more important things to worry about.that ship has now sailed.
ModYom
Rep:
?
(Original post by jambojim97)
If they did there would be a revolution, plus decline in support for UKIP given it has a strong LGBT branch.
a revolution? lol, that's ridiculous - thanks for the chuckle though............
jambojim97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
a revolution? lol, that's ridiculous - thanks for the chuckle though............
You're welcome 8)
Joanna_m123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Absolutely not!?
why are same-sex marriages so bad? it affects no one but themselves and causes no harm, so why ban it.
we don't want this country to go backwards
X