ARG93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone,

I started doing an OU CertHe in Humanities this year as a way of getting into brick uni to study English. I applied normally through UCAS and all the Universities I applied to gave me offers with a percentage that I need overall to get in (65% in the case of Westminster etc.). Today I got an offer from King's College London stating:

"Within 2 weeks of publication of results, provide evidence of obtaining 120 credits on the CERTHE in Humanities, studied withthe Open University."

What does this exactly mean? The course I am currently studying is 120 credits. So do I just need to pass every credit (as in get just 40%+) or do I need to get 100% on each credit?

I'm awfully sorry if this is a silly question but I'm still in the midst of getting to grips with getting back into education.

Best,
Adam.
SuperCat007
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ARG93)
Hi everyone,

I started doing an OU CertHe in Humanities this year as a way of getting into brick uni to study English. I applied normally through UCAS and all the Universities I applied to gave me offers with a percentage that I need overall to get in (65% in the case of Westminster etc.). Today I got an offer from King's College London stating:

"Within 2 weeks of publication of results, provide evidence of obtaining 120 credits on the CERTHE in Humanities, studied withthe Open University."

What does this exactly mean? The course I am currently studying is 120 credits. So do I just need to pass every credit (as in get just 40%+) or do I need to get 100% on each credit?

I'm awfully sorry if this is a silly question but I'm still in the midst of getting to grips with getting back into education.

Best,
Adam.
Double check with Kings. But once you have the result of your last module email/post them your statement of academic record from Student Home. Or they'll probably want to see your certificate too which you probably won't get until September. If you read it they just want evidence you did it, it says nothing about grades.
TwoLimes
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm stuyding OU modules & my uni offer has specified a percentage I have to achieve in order to get a place on the course - get in touch with Kings & they'll specify!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (73)
66.97%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
19.27%
Yes but I might change my mind (15)
13.76%

Watched Threads