ARG93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi everyone,

I started doing an OU CertHe in Humanities this year as a way of getting into brick uni to study English. I applied normally through UCAS and all the Universities I applied to gave me offers with a percentage that I need overall to get in (65% in the case of Westminster etc.). Today I got an offer from King's College London stating:

"Within 2 weeks of publication of results, provide evidence of obtaining 120 credits on the CERTHE in Humanities, studied withthe Open University."

What does this exactly mean? The course I am currently studying is 120 credits. So do I just need to pass every credit (as in get just 40%+) or do I need to get 100% on each credit?

I'm awfully sorry if this is a silly question but I'm still in the midst of getting to grips with getting back into education.

Best,
Adam.

IonaBubble
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Look at your academic summary on your student home page it will tell you your marks so far. This is what you will have to print off and use until you get your certificate. To pass the module it is 40% (coursework and exam). Westminster want you to get a minimum of 65% on exams and coursework. I would suggest you look at the course description on the OU and it will tell you what you need to pass that module.

Have you just started the OU? Or are you in the process of finishing the 120 credits?
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sounds like they just want you to pass, but I would suggest double checking with the uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 4 years ago
I also applied to uni using an OU CertHE in Humanities. None of my offers specified I attain a certain percentage, just that I pass (get 40%). So in answer to your question, yes you just need to pass the modules you're doing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads