JAnth2502
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I'm aware that it is rare but is there anyone who got a place on a medicine course via adjustment or clearing? Which university was it for? Did you require an interview from the university? Are there any statistics from the universities on how many places are usually available through clearing?
Thanks in advance.
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JAnth2502)
Hi, I'm aware that it is rare but is there anyone who got a place on a medicine course via adjustment or clearing? Which university was it for? Did you require an interview from the university? Are there any statistics from the universities on how many places are usually available through clearing?
Thanks in advance.
Medicine essentially doesn't enter clearing - in the rare circumstances when they have spare places, they usually ring up people who narrowly missed out on a place after interview on results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nautic4l
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Origami Bullets)
Medicine essentially doesn't enter clearing - in the rare circumstances when they have spare places, they usually ring up people who narrowly missed out on a place after interview on results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't got an offer for Med post-interview so does this mean if I get really good grades I could call them/they would call me on results day?
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't get your hopes up - it's very unusual for that to happen.

If they had a spare space and you were the applicant that had missed out on an offer most narrowly then they would ring you on results day, but as I say this is very unlikely you happen.

I'd suggest either making plans to go to your fifth choice or to have a gap year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nautic4l
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Origami Bullets)
Don't get your hopes up - it's very unusual for that to happen.

If they had a spare space and you were the applicant that had missed out on an offer most narrowly then they would ring you on results day, but as I say this is very unlikely you happen.

I'd suggest either making plans to go to your fifth choice or to have a gap year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My friend got an offer on results day this way after 4 post-interview rejections last year so was just wondering! Probably fifth choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (47)
25.97%
No (134)
74.03%

Watched Threads